• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

Annnnnnd Louisville is getting worked by Western Kentucky in the second quarter.

LSU winning a game in that fashion didn't feel right without Les Miles

Towson defeated FCS #10 Villanova on the road yesterday 45-35. If their QB stays healthy they will make noise in the FCS this year I think.

And Tulane lost to UAB.

Willie Taggart's buyout is $21 million. There are 8 "Go Fund Me" pages dedicated to try to get there. :cool:

Willie Taggart's buyout is $21 million. There are 8 "Go Fund Me" pages dedicated to try to get there. :cool:

After 3 game, nice!

Seriously, I don't know if Taggert is any good or not, but shouldn't most of the blame at this point be put on Jimbo? I mean FSU had to beg UL-Monroe to play a makeup game last year just to qualify for a bowl game, so it's not like Taggert was walking into a typical FSU program loaded with talent. Jimbo left a lot of issues on that team.

Last edited:
Absolutely Jimbo should shoulder a large part of the blame. Word was that Jimbo completely punted on recruiting last year, as early on last year, he decided that he was ready to take the best available offer to get out of a Tallahassee.

Even with the acknowledgement that the Nole talent level is down, FSU barely beat Samford and almost got shut out by Cuse. In Cuse's opener, their D gave up 42 points and 621 yards to Western Michigan. Even if the Noles lack the typical uber-elite roster, they have far better players than Western Michigan. FSU has scored a total of 10 points in its first two ACC games. Something is amiss beyond a decline in talent.

Absolutely Jimbo should shoulder a large part of the blame. Word was that Jimbo completely punted on recruiting last year, as early on last year, he decided that he was ready to take the best available offer to get out of a Tallahassee.

Even with the acknowledgement that the Nole talent level is down, FSU barely beat Samford and almost got shut out by Cuse. In Cuse's opener, their D gave up 42 points and 621 yards to Western Michigan. Even if the Noles lack the typical uber-elite roster, they have far better players than Western Michigan. FSU has scored a total of 10 points in its first two ACC games. Something is amiss beyond a decline in talent.

I'm not an expert on FSU, but their recruiting classes the past 3 years according to 247 is 3rd, 3rd and 6th. Me, You and 5 people we find in line at Wal-Mart should be able to coach them into a 10 win season.

Yes.

Even though you have terrible starts for Nebraska & UCLA, those jobs were acknowledged as complete rebuilds. FSU seemingly got a pass for last season given the injury to Francois, so expectations were a lot higher... Especially because they have actual talent at most positions. Francois looks VERY frustrated out there... I get the sense that he is not on the same page as everyone else. No doubt, the dude has talent, but he's getting no protection and seems like kind of an asshole.

FSU is my least favorite team in college football, so I'm really hoping the wheels fall off and they end up like 2-10 / 3-9 this year. For me, every one of their games is a must watch.

Ga Tech has a 4 or 5 win season staring them in the face if they don't get things turned around quickly. Already have road losses to USF and Pitt, with Clemson coming in on Saturday.

ESPN ranks the ACC as the worst Power 5 conference so far.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24705147/power-5-conference-power-rankings-week-3

1. SEC
2. Big 12
3. B1G
4. PAC 12
5. ACC

Auburn may be in for a long year having lost to LSU at home with road games at MSU, Georgia, and Alabama, with A&M coming to Auburn. Easier conference games are all at home (UT, Ole Miss, Arkansas). Malzahn signed a 7-year, $49-million extension in January of this year.

The only hope for the ACC is that teams like NCSU, BC, & Duke are much better than people thought coming into the season. Clemson is in a league of their own (but not without problems), VT is still largely and unknown, but after that it gets rough since Miami/FSU/Louisville/GT are probably worse y/y.

I am happier when Auburn sucks... I feel like their fans are miserable to be around most of the time (and I am around a lot of them, unfortunately, here in Atlanta). SEC has similar problems as the ACC in top heaviness... But Bama and UGA are seemingly so good that they could still get 2 teams in the playoff (again). After that, it's rough... I still don't particularly believe LSU is going to have a special season.

Come to think of it, the B1G kind of sucks after Ohio State and probably Penn State.

I hope it isn't a boring season with Bama/UGA/Clemson/OhioState all going to the playoff... Would make for a great playoff, but a pretty boring regular season.

Back