• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2019 offical College Football thread

I would assume he would help it not be a cesspool and continue his coaching career and move up the ranks.

We should all want one of the best players in Wake history to be a successful coach except against Wake.

That is why I would prefer seeing him continue coaching in the B1G or somewhere not Louisville. Have success. Move up. Become a great HC. Just not with a stop in Louisville. There are about 310 other places I would rather he go to. Maybe more.

Was just reading the UL boards.
Many are expecting Petrino to be fired this weekend.
They've also confirmed rumors of many, many players requesting transfers.
They have majors problems that won't be fixed quickly.

So be it.
He be gone.

Interesting that after participating in the theft and use of the Wake Forest playbook with virtually no NCAA punishment, Petrino and his program began the decent straight into the shitter.

Pretty lame how all the SEC schools essentially take off the week before their big rivalry games

Cincy vs. UCF is the Saturday night ESPN game.

I guess I can put my Petrino voodoo doll away....until next time.

Pretty lame how all the SEC schools essentially take off the week before their big rivalry games

tumblr_nn654dndmy1tv1zovo1_400.gif

I guess Georgia Tech is pretty imposing so Georgia wants all the rest it can get

You say that like Tech isn't third in it's ACC division, having won 5 out of 6. If Wake was in Tech's position (with a chance to knock off an SEC team over Thanksgiving weekend) this board would be over the moon.

Last edited:
You say that like Tech isn't third in it's ACC division, having won 5 out of 6. If Wake was in Tech's position (with a chance to knock off an SEC team over Thanksgiving weekend) this board would be over the moon.

I was just hoping I gave you a window to rant against Tech. but seriously, it's really anti-climatic how the SEC for the most part treats this coming weekend.

I really don't see what difference it makes if you play a cupcake in September or mid-November. Every Power 5 plays 2 or 3 of them a year. Unless the team is in the ACC, then they get 5 or 6.

BTW, next year, Georgia plays ND again next year in September after Murray State and Arkansas State. They'll play Texas A&M this weekend in 2019, between Auburn and Tech.

Alabama will open with Duke in Atlanta, play New Mexico State the next week, and play Western Carolina on November 23 before the Auburn game on November 30.

Back