• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-2021 Continental Europe Domestic Soccer MEGA Thread (GER, ESP, FRA, ITA, etc.)

Should we create one European Soccer Thread?

• Yes - all leagues including EPL

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • Yes - but keep EPL separate

Votes: 7 43.8%
  • No - I like individual threads with little interest

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • I hate soccer because God hates me

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Eden Hazard retirees

thought there was a chance he’d do a couple year tour in MLS

Ugh Napoli in talks with Conte

View attachment 5951
I'm torn on Conte.

On one hand, I think he'd right the ship quickly and I'd feel very confident about finishing top 4. ADL, via Rudi Garcia, is wasting a side talented enough to challenge for another Scudetto. I still think Milan is the best squad top to bottom in Serie A, but we're, at worst, talented enough to contend. Conte gets things turned around and at least keeps us top 4 imo. Ceiling is running it back and winning the whole thing again, but we'd need some breaks for this to happen at this point.

What concerns me is that I think a clash with him and ADL will be inevitable. Conte will speak out against management and this will not play with ADL. For all the good ADL has brought to the club in creating a financially stable winner with zero debt, he's petty enough to fire a manager because they hurt his feelings or created some perceived slight against his authority. Conte will also want to spend during the window, probably in a way ADL is uncomfortable with. If they can hash this out in negations, then great. I can just foresee a future with a lot of friction between manager and ownership.

If I could make a realistic hire, I'd like to see Napoli go after Gallardo. His style would work well with the squad, he could be a long term manager for the club, and Neapolitans LOVE them some Argentines. This goes back to Maradona, but there's a strong cultural affinity among Neapolitans that's wrapped up in economics, politics, shared history, etc. On top of being a successful manager, bringing in Gallardo would be a pretty great shot in the arm for the club as a whole.

And in my Napoli fan fiction, ADL hires Bielsa away from Uruguay and Osi, Kvara, Di Lorenzo, Lobotka, et al. feast under Bielsa-ball and score a million goals each match

Conte has just turned into short term projects guy at recent stops and is fasc and everyone hates him fast

Conte has just turned into short term projects guy at recent stops and is fasc and everyone hates him fast
Yeah either way, whether he cuts it off or ADL does, I can't see it going past this season. It would need to be a very short term contract.

Here we go again:

The guy threatening to continue leaking the names of the Serie A players who were betting illegally is an ex-con gossip columnist known as the King of the Paparazzi. Then, he promises to begin outing every homosexual in football.

I guess this sews up the next European championship for Italy.

If there's one thing Italy needs right now it's a betting scandal and I'm actually saying this 100% unironically.

Scandal Italy is best Italy.

Here we go again:

The guy threatening to continue leaking the names of the Serie A players who were betting illegally is an ex-con gossip columnist known as the King of the Paparazzi. Then, he promises to begin outing every homosexual in football.

I guess this sews up the next European championship for Italy.
If there’s gambling in the scandal they’re going full on World Cup, perhaps using a striker coming off a long suspension who scores a hat trick after playing like crap prior to the knockouts.

Three first half red cards in the Bayern - Darmstadt match. All for fouls by last man defenders. And yet, 0-0.

Mapei Stadium, home of US Sassuolo, is quite literally attached to a smallish mall

Entertaining match. Bologna scored about 3' in (Joshua Zirkzee is very good), Sassuolo equalized late in 1st half, Bologna had the go ahead goal overturned by VAR late in the second half, and the match ended 1-1.

Back