• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

I feel like we recycle this same conversation at least once a year.

This is the equivalent of what do you eat for breakfast on the pit

I like Kelsey. I hope he doesn't take a bad P6 job just to take a P6 job. I would not have been upset at all if he had been named our HC.

Before this year, Pastner had six consecutive mediocre years. I'll believe in him when he can string a few good years in a row.

I didn't get to hear Pastner's post game but I read on twitter he said God Bless the ACC, God bless GT and God bless the United States of America.

Am I the only one who thinks that absolutely hilarious? I read that and almost spit out my coffee

Any help on why no joy for Tech above UNC by bracketologists as they show as a 9 with UNC a 7 seed?? Besides the usual UNC and blue blood bias.
4th in ACC regular season, win abbreviated tourney, Beat UNC in the one head to head, beat FSU 2/3 and split with UVA against the ACC's fairly projected 4 seeds.

One thing for sure: we disagree here.

I like Miller, Kelsey, Pastner & small university arenas.

Wake Forest alums like old guys & civic tractor pull arenas.

I'm with Miller, Kelsey and small on campus arenas. But not Pastner.

It’s got to be tough for DR. He’s on the record supporting Currie and Forbes, yet he thinks Miller, Pastner(lol) and Kelsey are better coaches.

Any help on why no joy for Tech above UNC by bracketologists as they show as a 9 with UNC a 7 seed?? Besides the usual UNC and blue blood bias.
4th in ACC regular season, win abbreviated tourney, Beat UNC in the one head to head, beat FSU 2/3 and split with UVA against the ACC's fairly projected 4 seeds.

When did GT beat UVA? UNC is 2 spots (not seeds) ahead of GT in the Bracket Matrix, and probably a lot of them haven't been updated since yesterday.

It’s got to be tough for DR. He’s on the record supporting Currie and Forbes, yet he thinks Miller, Pastner(lol) and Kelsey are better coaches.

Don't forget Steve "0 NCAA Wins in 7 Years" Wojo. The last time Marquette went 7 years without winning an NCAA game was between 83 and 93.

Okay I kind of dig Josh Pastner now. He has real dorky Ted Lasso energy.

https://twitter.com/PMTsportsbiz/status/1370946846676385792

And apparently this is his voicemail greeting.

Hello, this is Josh Pastner.
Life is short.
We spend so much time sweating the small stuff.
Worrying, wishing, wanting, waiting for something bigger instead of focusing on the simple blessings that surround us everyday.
Life is so fragile and it takes a single moment to change everything you take for granted.
Focus on what’s important and be grateful.
Live your life with no regrets.
I am not in right now but if you leave your name and telephone number clearly, I will get back to you as soon as I can.
Have a great day, a positive day, and a day filled with gratitude.

It felt much long listening to it being played during the ACC Tournament.

When did GT beat UVA? UNC is 2 spots (not seeds) ahead of GT in the Bracket Matrix, and probably a lot of them haven't been updated since yesterday.

Don't forget Steve "0 NCAA Wins in 7 Years" Wojo. The last time Marquette went 7 years without winning an NCAA game was between 83 and 93.

My bad, they lost the close game to UVA in Jan. My brackets showed OrSt and GRown in so pretty updated. My issue was UNC being Seeded 2 levels above despite GT winning tourney, finishing higher regular season and winning head to head. UNC hits shots, they go farther but it was a seeding question.

while I wait to hear back from donaldross on my bet proposal, I'll go ahead and point out another guy he didn't want -- Nate Oats -- just won the SEC

I didn't get to hear Pastner's post game but I read on twitter he said God Bless the ACC, God bless GT and God bless the United States of America.

Am I the only one who thinks that absolutely hilarious? I read that and almost spit out my coffee

These Illinois and Ohio St. uniforms are awesome. Wake definitely needs a uni upgrade.

while I wait to hear back from donaldross on my bet proposal, I'll go ahead and point out another guy he didn't want -- Nate Oats -- just won the SEC

He was also all-in on John Pelphrey over Skip Prosser when Odom left. And he wanted nothing to do with John Beilein. And he praised High point for hiring Tubby Smith. Should I go on? His track record of predictions on this site is terrible.

Congratulations to all the former Wake Forest head coaches for making the big dance at your current schools:

Wes Miller
Rick Pitino
Shaka Smart

Well done!

Congratulations to all the former Wake Forest head coaches for making the big dance at your current schools:

Wes Miller
Rick Pitino
Shaka Smart

Well done!

Nate Oats.

Do we know our coaches, or what?!

There's got to be an AD job for one of us somewhere....

Back