• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 NCAA Men's Basketball Thread - Will the Zags Go Unbeaten?

Yeah, I like Illinois' path, though Loyola could be a tough 2nd game. I'm seeing a Gonzaga/Illinois final and a pretty chalk final 4 with Bama coming from the East and OSU the South.

Yeah, yeah, I know Gonzaga is undefeated, but are you really going to pick them to win it all?

Also, I saw Morehead State play, and really like their team. Bad draw though.

Yeah, yeah, I know Gonzaga is undefeated, but are you really going to pick them to win it all?

They have already beaten Kansas, WVU, UVA and Iowa (who was #3 at the time). Only WVU was within ten of Gonzaga.

I really like this Gonzaga team and don't think they're going to have to break a sweat until Iowa, and I think a final against Illinois would be the most fun final game to watch. I think there are maybe 7 elite teams this year - the 4 B10 teams, Gonzaga, Baylor and Bama. And I see the final 4 as mostly coming from that group.

I think Zaga has the best draw. The 2-4 seeds in their bracket are all teams they easily defeated this season.

I agree with those elite teams. I think Texas is also right up there. This is probably the best season in college basketball in awhile based on the number of great teams. Have not seen Houston play at all this season but I am assuming they are pretty strong too.

I think Zaga has the best draw. The 2-4 seeds in their bracket are all teams they easily defeated this season.

Agree. Oklahoma could slow down the Zags, but can't see them winning. #4 UVA can't practice and may not even play. #5 Creighton is trying to play through a crisis. #2 Iowa is a stellar offensive team, but Gonzaga is better offensively, and Iowa doesn't play D. Kansas may not have their center. You could argue that Gonzaga has the most vulnerable #2, #3, #4 and #5 seeds in the bracket.

Zags beat Iowa handily early in the season.

Of course, but Baylor beat OK State twice (by 15 and 11) during the season, and then Baylor lost to OK State in the Big 12 tournament. Beating a team once in December doesn't necessarily mean the outcome in March will be the same. That said, don't see Iowa beating Gonzaga. Iowa outscores teams, and don't think that is successful way to challenge the Zags. That is the bigger problem than an early season outcome.

They have already beaten Kansas, WVU, UVA and Iowa (who was #3 at the time). Only WVU was within ten of Gonzaga.

Which means what? They haven't played a real team in months. Yes they are very good, but it is hard to turn that switch back on after playing scrubs for 3 months.

Which means what? They haven't played a real team in months. Yes they are very good, but it is hard to turn that switch back on after playing scrubs for 3 months.

I guess we will find out but it is hard to say that the Zags are not the best team in the nation.

It's not like they didn't blow the other teams out and don't have two lottery picks who play team ball.

I think Zaga, Baylor, and Illinios are in their own tier right now though

I'd add Michigan if they were healthy, but they're not. OSU and Iowa are close behind. As much as I hate to say it, the B-10, and to a lesser extent the B-12, were absolutely killing it this year.

It's hard to pick the Zags anytime because it always seems like they tear through the regular season and then fall apart in the tournament other than 2017 when they came close to winning. This year may be different given how down the traditional blue bloods have been, but I would feel uncomfortable betting on Gonzaga

My only hesitation is 2-1 in a Covid year is not a good bet.

I'm sad donaldross had not returned to this thread to set a bet on Josh Pastner

GT has a positive test within the program. It could be Moses Wright or a student manager. Not positive, but think this means they can’t practice.

Back