• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020-21 WF Men's Soccer Thread - Yes, there is a Fall and Spring Soccer Season

feel like Wake might be able to take advantage of UNC's aggressiveness here

holy fuck that UNC dude just obliterated our guy (who was that) red card

It's about time someone for Carolina got sent off

Every time I get sucked into caring about a soccer game I get to remember how many things I absolutely hate about soccer.

7 cards have been given this match
wake forest has 1 of them

At least 2 BS offsides, 1 PK, and the FK foul that lead to their goal not actually being a foul. This was one of the most absurd soccer games I have ever seen. I am in shock over how poorly the refs officiated this.

Another disappointing loss by Muuss and another trip to final four for Jay V. Hard to believe you would ever let go someone who won a National Championship for you. Just feel like WFU men's soccer will never win a championship with Muuss at the helm.

Another disappointing loss by Muuss and another trip to final four for Jay V. Hard to believe you would ever let go someone who won a National Championship for you. Just feel like WFU men's soccer will never win a championship with Muuss at the helm.

wtf are you talking about

Quick UNC Soccer preview:

- Heels are 8-4-4 over the combined Fall/Spring season
- Last Fall, WF beat UNC 1-0 in OT in their one previous meeting
- UNC is super-defensive oriented: in their 10 games played in 2021, UNC has not given up more than a goal in any game; they have 6 shutouts over that stretch
- UNC struggles offensively; they have NOT scored more than 1 goal in regulation in any of their last 6 games; they have been shutout 3 times this Spring
- In this year's NCAAs, UNC edged Charlotte on PKs (game was 1-1 after OT) and also scraped by Stanford 1-0

Stating the obvious based upon that track record, getting the first goal is going to be huge today (game is at 5 pm; streaming broadcast available on ncaa.com; the semifinals and final will be televised on ESPNU)

You knew that when a stat posted like this that they hadn’t scored more than one goal all year that they would get 2. It’s like when an announcer is hyping up a free throw or field goal streak, you know they’re gonna miss.

Didn't Jay V leave to coach a pro team? Think he then went to pitt after that time.

This is an absolutely terrible take.

Wasn't this like our JV squad due to losing 10 players to MLS/pro contracts?

Just seemed like we got bullied last night. And it didn't help that the officiating was an absolute joke.

So is it safe to say that soccer had the weirdest 2020-21 season of all? You had the fall season, when some teams didn't play at all; and then they picked it back up in the spring. I think that was the "official" season, though it seems that they still relied on the fall for rankings and seeding and what not. However, in between you had the draft, where some of the better teams lost their best players. Plenty of teams lost players but I dare say no team was impacted as much as Wake. And then I think someone said that some of the players from the incoming recruiting class are already enrolled and have been practicing with the team; however, they couldn't play in the games this spring.

Back