• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
2020 Carolina Panthers - New GM Scott Fitterer (Seahawks VP of Football Operations)

This Texans best writer is saying the Texans want two 1st, two 2nd, and two young defensive starters.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/te...rice-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-01exckh7tqga

Perhaps we could get away with this year’s 1st and 3rd, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, and Troy Pride, Jr.

I definitely don’t want to give up Burns, Brown, or Chinn.

This Texans best writer is saying the Texans want two 1st, two 2nd, and two young defensive starters.

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/te...rice-deshaun-watson-trade-rumors-01exckh7tqga

Perhaps we could get away with this year’s 1st and 3rd, 2022 1st, 2023 1st, and Troy Pride, Jr.

I definitely don’t want to give up Burns, Brown, or Chinn.

I doubt Houston has confined itself to exactly those 6 things. I still think Carolina is hampered by not being able to offer a QB as part of the deal unless it's getting Lantz at pick 8. Vegas, SF, NYJ and Mia can all include much better QB options in a deal. If I'm Houston, and Vegas offers Carr, 2 1sts and a 2nd, I'd take that in a second. Although I would not be overly interested in too many of Vegas' defenders.

The Panthers - if they draft were today - would NOT draft a QB in the first round. No way no how. Unless it was Lawrence which is impossible. Tepper wants a tier 1 QB, so the Panthers are not interested in Dak or the like. They are making a hard run at Watson. We will see how that works out. I think the offer should be enough but the competition might have a better offer. 49ers are the competition right now for Watson. Texans want him out of the AFC, but an AFC team could possibly make an offer they can’t refuse.

Last edited:
I doubt Houston is too worried about getting a QB in the deal. If they're trading Watson and trading Watt, next year is going to be a full rebuild. They can just keep McCarron or sign a rando for 2021. Or they can they can package their assets to move up to get Fields or Wilson or tank for a 2022 QB.

Last edited:
we will give them teddy. that way they won't ever make a comeback in the fourth quarter and lose as many as possible. just be sure to be down at the start of the fourth.

Dak is not tier 1? He may not be as good as Mahomes, Rodgers, Wilson or Watson, but he's easily a top 10 QB.

download.jpg

How would y'all feel about Wentz? I'm guessing I'm about to get shat upon.

What is y'all's cap situation?

$16 million under I think. Enough to resign RT Taylor Moton and patch a few holes in the roster.

I was still thinking about Wentz as a young QB, but his timeline may not have much room for improvement. Wentz is the same age as Teddy B. He's only 3.5 years younger than Cam. Wentz was drafted a year before Watson and he's three years older. He turns 29 by the end of the season.

Last edited:
The Panthers - if they draft were today - would NOT draft a QB in the first round. No way no how. Unless it was Lawrence which is impossible. Tepper wants a tier 1 QB, so the Panthers are not interested in Dak or the like. They are making a hard run at Watson. We will see how that works out. I think the offer should be enough but the competition might have a better offer. 49ers are the competition right now for Watson. Texans want him out of the AFC, but an AFC team could possibly make an offer they can’t refuse.

man i wanted to believe guitardeac but we tried to trade #8 for matt fucking stafford so this is all bullshit

sweet i'm either getting a deshaun jersey or a kyle pitts jersey

Good overview of the problem with taking a TE in the 1st.
https://fansided.com/2019/10/22/nfl-draft-tight-ends-noah-fant/

Eric Ebron, OJ Howard, Evan Engram, David Njoku, etc.

Based on my casual knowledge of the draft, it seems like the positions that tend to pan out in the 1st round are QB, LT, DT, DE, and CB. The positions you can definitely get midround are TE and OLB.

Good overview of the problem with taking a TE in the 1st.
https://fansided.com/2019/10/22/nfl-draft-tight-ends-noah-fant/

Eric Ebron, OJ Howard, Evan Engram, David Njoku, etc.

Based on my casual knowledge of the draft, it seems like the positions that tend to pan out in the 1st round are QB, LT, DT, DE, and CB. The positions you can definitely get midround are TE and OLB.

that's fair but Kyle Pitts is better than any college TE I can remember

2020 Carolina Panthers - New GM Scott Fitterer (Seahawks VP of Football Operations)

Thus the risk. Take Kyle Pitts in the 1st and hope he does more for you than taking which ever LT falls to us. Or take the LT and take Sage in the 5th and put some weight on him and see if he pans out.

But I guess if Tepper wants the next Heath Miller, Miller was a late first round pick.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back