• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find myself not hating the Pats as much with Brady gone, and I want Cam to play well. I also find myself not really rooting against Tampa, even though I don't like Brady. As for Cam, his signing suggests NE has seen him throw, at least on tape, and I'm betting he has close to his old zip on the ball. For me, the bigger question with Cam was the bum shoulder, not the foot.

This is where I am too which is really weird. I'm kind of happy for Tampa in a way. And there's also the potential for things to crash and burn for the Bucs. I'm there for that as well.

Fuck the Pats, I have no nostalgia for players once they leave my team.

Moving on from Cam was the right decision. Was signing Bridgewater? Probably not, but that doesn't change that Cam's time was up. He's broken.

The hate is now diluted; but Brady is still smarmy media darling, and Belichick is still a cheat. It was convenient to concentrate our hate on them together.

The hate is now diluted; but Brady is still smarmy media darling, and Belichick is still a cheat. It was convenient to concentrate our hate on them together.

yeah. Brady may be the GOAT, but his witch doctor shit is the worst. Pats fans don't deserve nice things, but Cam does deserve nice things, so I'm torn. probably the best situation for Cam. I know Belichick is hellbent to succeed without Brady, and I have a feeling he'll do better than Brady will on the Bucs.

The ultimate me player to a team that won’t put up with that. Should be fun. And congrats to the Pats for once again being fined and losing a draft pick for cheating. Impressive consistency by Nee England.

TIL ED is over 55. Fitting that his name is ED

I had always thought that Cam would end up on the Jags. I guess this is confirmation that the Jags front office is all in on the Lawrence sweepstakes.

Was Tom Brady and Bill Belichick the most hateable american sports duo of all time?

I say yes.

i think the real takeaway from this, and i am not joking AT ALL, is that Boston is fucking awful and hasn't provided a bit of value to America since the 1700s. Fuck you Boston. Your only claim to fame is being the closest city to England so people just stopped there. Well done idiots.

i think the real takeaway from this, and i am not joking AT ALL, is that Boston is fucking awful and hasn't provided a bit of value to America since the 1700s. Fuck you Boston. Your only claim to fame is being the closest city to England so people just stopped there. Well done idiots.

Yeah and one of their claims to fame — the Boston Tea Party — spawned one of the worst things to hit America in the 21st century. Also made it so the kickass don’t tread on me flag used for US Soccer got co-opped by those fucks.

Isiah Thomas and Bill Laimbeer ?

I'll second this motion, especially Laimbeer, who I probably hate more than any other athlete ever. As for Brady and Belichick, I can't stand Brady, but I have found myself respecting Belichick a lot. I watched that A Football Life on him and the thing with him and Parcells a while back and gained more of an appreciation of him. Yeah, he trolls the press by muttering, but he's not abusive to them like his buddy Saban is.

This is where I am too which is really weird. I'm kind of happy for Tampa in a way. And there's also the potential for things to crash and burn for the Bucs. I'm there for that as well.

PH is a closet Bucs fan.

Can't trust those from Florida.

Just no loyalty on these here boards.

I am predicting that the Bucs are a train wreck this year... They will be what the Browns were last year.

... If we have football.

Just no loyalty on these here boards.

I am predicting that the Bucs are a train wreck this year... They will be what the Browns were last year.

... If we have football.

At this point, I don't see how we have football till there's a vaccine. Look at the number of golfers who have had to withdraw the 1st 3 weeks, and golf is the safest sport. The sports talking heads this morning were saying they doubt baseball will complete its season. And baseball is way safer than football. We're still having huge outbreaks in states that have a handful of the teams. You get 1 player infected, and it's going to spread like wildfire through locker rooms, meeting rooms and breathing into each other's faces in practice. As for college, I think you're going to see more conferences adopt the Ivy model and move it to the spring and just play in the conference.

I think the NFL will start. It may have to suspend (or stop) play at some point. Agree on college football being the least likely. The rosters are the biggest, there is no uniform safety protocol, and there is no bubble on a campus. I used to think college football would start, but not finish. Now, I'm not sure it even starts. I think baseball has a chance. Lot of it is going to be each sports ability to stomach a bunch of positive tests. Do multiple positive tests shutdown a team, or does a team continue to play as long as they can put enough healthy players on the field?

Basketball will be the most interesting, because it won't be the number of positive tests that shuts down the sport, it will be who tests positive. If LeBron or the Freak test positive, I think the NBA stops. If 5 players on Memphis test positive, they keep playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back