• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saints still got something to play for against us?

Yeah. Playing for a bye. I imagine our game will be at the same times as the Packers and Seahawks games.

Heinecke is a nice player if you need a guy to fill in for a few quarters. Always liked him more than Allen.

So what # do we drop to?

9, currently.

Saints still got something to play for against us?

Yeah. Playing for a bye. I imagine our game will be at the same times as the Packers and Seahawks games.

Heinecke is a nice player if you need a guy to fill in for a few quarters. Always liked him more than Allen.

Green Bay secures the bye with a win tonight. They have the head to head vs NO. Only 1 bye this year with expanded playoffs.

I forgot about the head to head.

If the Packers win, then it’s just fighting for the 2 seed. There’s not much difference between the 2 and 3 though.

I forgot about the head to head.

If the Packers win, then it’s just fighting for the 2 seed. There’s not much difference between the 2 and 3 though.

Actually I’m wrong. Forgot about Seattle. Green Bay CAN NOT lock up the bye tonight since Seattle won. I’m not sure what happens if they all finish in a 3 way tie?

Unpopular opinion, but our defense continuing to get better and get some success isn’t a bad thing for the long term.

I just don't get football. 5-11 or 6-10 is useless. Bragging rights over Washington? We had the third pick in our grasp. Down to #9. I wish there was a lottery but I'm sure there's some good reason there isn't.

I’m not sold on Wilson or Fields - I’d be ok with missing out on shooting ourselves in the foot. Get some OL help plz

2020 Carolina Panthers - 2021 NFL Draft talk (RIP Kevin Greene)

You are never going to find a coach or players willing to tank. If you do, I can assure you those same coaches and players will not suddenly turn into winners with a new player or two. Fans can sit by and hope they get a higher draft pick, but that is not how locker rooms operate...at least not winning ones.

To add: this could have been a playoff team with less injuries and better play in last two minutes. They would have been crushed in wild card round, but still next year could be interesting if healthy. D could be really good - it was a good draft (RIP Hurney). Can we get FitzMagic?

Of course our defense was going to play well against Haskins.....he sucks

I just don’t really like Teddy and am hoping we can get a better player to build around at that spot

2020 Carolina Panthers - 2021 NFL Draft talk (RIP Kevin Greene)

I just don't get football. 5-11 or 6-10 is useless. Bragging rights over Washington? We had the third pick in our grasp. Down to #9. I wish there was a lottery but I'm sure there's some good reason there isn't.

Not sure why there’s no lottery. Probably because the NFL has the smallest playoff field in pro sports at 12 now 14 teams.

Also because the NFL would love to have every team finish 8-8 each year, therefore making all 256 games meaningful. The last thing they want is to have a team that just misses the playoffs luck into an Andrew Luck or Trevor Lawrence situation.

You are never going to find a coach or players willing to tank. If you do, I can assure you those same coaches and players will not suddenly turn into winners with a new player or two. Fans can sit by and hope they get a higher draft pick, but that is not how locker rooms operate...at least not winning ones.

A team actually trying to win a game wouldn’t trot out Mike Glennon today. I get the players on the field are trying to win, but personnel decisions (and who makes them) is how NFL teams tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back