• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a home run MLB away from being a very good defense. I know the secondary needs work too, but we would once again have a scary front 7. That’s what I want. A good pass rush can make an average secondary look good.

Bridgewater isn’t going to win an MVP, but we have so many weapons on offense, including the best RB in football coming back healthy next year. I’m fine with seeing how far we can go with him. Remember, we had a new staff, new QB, new WR1, lost our best player for much of the season, and had no preseason to figure things out and make it all work. Rhule and Brady were NFL rookies too.

Keep building the defense. Another draft like 2020 and we could have a top 3 unit.

We are a home run MLB away from being a very good defense. I know the secondary needs work too, but we would once again have a scary front 7. That’s what I want. A good pass rush can make an average secondary look good.

Bridgewater isn’t going to win an MVP, but we have so many weapons on offense, including the best RB in football coming back healthy next year. I’m fine with seeing how far we can go with him. Remember, we had a new staff, new QB, new WR1, lost our best player for much of the season, and had no preseason to figure things out and make it all work. Rhule and Brady were NFL rookies too.

Keep building the defense. Another draft like 2020 and we could have a top 3 unit.
We also wouldn’t have a QB that could take us on a post season run and a defense that would prevent us from being in draft position to get one.

We need to gamble on a QB.

We’re not going to get Fields, who would have been ideal. I hate Wilson. Lance played FCS football and didn’t play this year. Jones had NFL receivers and an NFL running back. None of these guys make me want to gamble a first round pick. We have an opportunity to build an excellent defense. I’ll take a game manager with great weapons around him and a defense that can win games.

QB or just in the first round for me. I do not think you can win a playoff game with teddy at qb. He’s got a noodle arm and hardly throws it more than 5 yards down the field. He’s good at doing nothing poorly, but bad at doing anything good.

We’re not going to get Fields, who would have been ideal. I hate Wilson. Lance played FCS football and didn’t play this year. Jones had NFL receivers and an NFL running back. None of these guys make me want to gamble a first round pick. We have an opportunity to build an excellent defense. I’ll take a game manager with great weapons around him and a defense that can win games.

Yes please. Roll the dice on a developmental QB in round 3-4 (just not an obviously shittty one like Grier).

Teddy is fine if the right QB is not there. Need a MLB.

I was serious about Mond as a guy I’d consider in a mid-late round. I was not serious about Newman.

San Fran made the Super Bowl last season.

And they aren’t making the playoffs because they lost their NFL caliber QB.

The questions for me are: How far could this offense go with a healthy CMC assuming we keep Moton and let Samuel go? And how good could this defense be with a stud MLB, CB, and S in the first three rounds?

If Teddy isn’t the guy, can we acquire a better option by draft or trade in 2022?

2020 Carolina Panthers - 2021 NFL Draft talk (RIP Kevin Greene)

A team actually trying to win a game wouldn’t trot out Mike Glennon today. I get the players on the field are trying to win, but personnel decisions (and who makes them) is how NFL teams tank

That could be true, but I’d argue that’s just as cancerous. There is a reason why some franchises are consistently in the cellar.

Last edited:
I just don't get football. 5-11 or 6-10 is useless. Bragging rights over Washington? We had the third pick in our grasp. Down to #9. I wish there was a lottery but I'm sure there's some good reason there isn't.

Late season success of teams looking at top picks suggests a lottery isn’t needed. Apparently NFL players want to win.

Late season success of teams looking at top picks suggests a lottery isn’t needed. Apparently NFL players want to win.

A lottery would reward those teams. It wouldn't be a binary choice of "either you win or you get a good pick." You'd have a slim chance at winning a few games like the Panthers have, and still getting a top pick.

But then the bad teams would forever stay bad and, as previously noted, the NFL wants every team to be decent so that all games are watchable and matter.

The Athletic has us taking Lance at #9, which I love. I think Fields is going to be a massive bust, dude couldn’t even beat out a Jake Fromm, so he took his ball and left. I want a QB that’s actually had to work for something. Take Lance, sit him behind Teddy for a year and use next year to get better and set up the team around Lance moving forward.

Why do you hate Wilson, kid looks like a stud!

The Athletic has us taking Lance at #9, which I love. I think Fields is going to be a massive bust, dude couldn’t even beat out a Jake Fromm, so he took his ball and left. I want a QB that’s actually had to work for something. Take Lance, sit him behind Teddy for a year and use next year to get better and set up the team around Lance moving forward.

Assuming a defensive stud doesn't fall into our laps, I'm okay with this.

Are there draft picture scenarios out for a loss or win or too much to calculate?

Fields hasn't impressed me this year. I think the order at this point could be Wilson, Lance, Fields.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back