• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
And throwing absolute dimes.

Haskins cut. Silly, but does that drop Fields draft stock? OSU QBs NFL reputation is bottom of the barrel right now.

I've seen multiple mock-drafts today giving us Trey Lance in the first and Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri in the 2nd.

I've seen multiple mock-drafts today giving us Trey Lance in the first and Nick Bolton, LB, Missouri in the 2nd.

If I had the opportunity today to lock this in for the first two rounds I would do it and not think twice. Suck me, haters.

Bolton is smaller than Chinn. Check out this tape. He might be a good safety if he's fast enough.

If I had the opportunity today to lock this in for the first two rounds I would do it and not think twice. Suck me, haters.

No, I don't disagree. Certainly hits need. Currently, you're at 9 and might move up a bit unless NO rests starters. Jax takes Lawrence. Which puts NYJ in a pickle - do they think any of the other 3 are definitely upgrades over Darnold? The only 1 maybe Wilson. But say they trade back to take a WR. Det is the only team above you that may want to take a QB and see what they can get for Stafford. After you, Min, SF and NE are picking in the low to mid teens. Just don't win, and you should be well situated to get the 3rd QB at least, maybe the 2nd. NYJ may garner more interest in trading back for Sewell than a QB, unless Wilson lights up the combine.

No, I don't disagree. Certainly hits need. Currently, you're at 9 and might move up a bit unless NO rests starters. Jax takes Lawrence. Which puts NYJ in a pickle - do they think any of the other 3 are definitely upgrades over Darnold? The only 1 maybe Wilson. But say they trade back to take a WR. Det is the only team above you that may want to take a QB and see what they can get for Stafford. After you, Min, SF and NE are picking in the low to mid teens. Just don't win, and you should be well situated to get the 3rd QB at least, maybe the 2nd. NYJ may garner more interest in trading back for Sewell than a QB, unless Wilson lights up the combine.

Jacksonville, New York, Atlanta, and Detroit could all realistically take QBs. I agree that it's unlikely, but it could happen.

Lawrence
Wilson
Lance
Fields
Trask

That's how I personally rank the top 5. I really don't want to see us take Trask with the 9th pick.

Jacksonville, New York, Atlanta, and Detroit could all realistically take QBs. I agree that it's unlikely, but it could happen.

Lawrence
Wilson
Lance
Fields
Trask

That's how I personally rank the top 5. I really don't want to see us take Trask with the 9th pick.

Outside of Lawrence, would not take a QB early. All of those teams have a ton of needs outside of QB. The success rate for first round picks is much higher for other positions, and it looks like there will be a ton of veteran mediocre QBs available for next to nothing. Look at the WFT, Haskins was a complete bust, but they are still competitive because they built a DL with first round talent. Alex Smith can't throw the ball down field, but he can win games, by simply relying on the defense and not turning the ball over.

As the resident Buckeye homer, here's a friendly reminder that Fields was better in pretty much every single statistical category than Lawrence last year, against statistically tougher competition. 51 total TDs against 3 INTs.

Can't just write off this year's shaky performance to 2020/Covid-times, but Fields' ceiling is very close to Lawrence in the NFL. I do agree that his floor is miles lower than Lawrence, though. If he somehow drops, it would be a no-brainer for the Panthers to take him over Lance or Wilson.

I’m not so sure I would call WFT competitive. In a historically bad division, sure. In the conference and league? Certainly not. If they make it to the playoffs, they’ll get waxed in the first round. If they don’t, I could see them potentially trading up for a QB. Their QB situation is much more up in the air than our’s because who knows if Smith will be back next season. Ours isn’t up in the air but it definitely isn’t looking pretty and should be fixed in the first round.

Last edited:

Lawrence
Wilson
Lance
Fields
Trask

I didn't mention Atl because Ryan's contract is trade prohibitive, but yeah, they could take a QB and sit him behind Ryan for a year. Given the holes on that roster, I doubt they do that this year. I see Det as the more likely to draft a QB and trade Stafford. When you say NY, do you mean J or G? I can see the Jets taking a QB and trading Darnold. Not so much NYG.

I agree with the rankings of your 1st 4 in that same order. I'm not nearly as sold on Trask being a legit NFL starter. I think Pitts can make him look better than he is. Speaking of Pitts, I can't remember liking a college TE more.

Edited to add I fucking hate BYU but like me some Wilson.

As the resident Buckeye homer, here's a friendly reminder that Fields was better in pretty much every single statistical category than Lawrence last year, against statistically tougher competition. 51 total TDs against 3 INTs.

Can't just write off this year's shaky performance to 2020/Covid-times, but Fields' ceiling is very close to Lawrence in the NFL. I do agree that his floor is miles lower than Lawrence, though. If he somehow drops, it would be a no-brainer for the Panthers to take him over Lance or Wilson.

I think Haskins could be an elite NFL QB, but it's tough to tell after just one season. Needs to improve a lot against pressure, but he definitely seems to have the arm strength, accuracy, and read progression.

I wouldn't even mind Fields, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back