• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers - New Season New Thread for 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fields looked bad last week and now he gets Clemson, may make or break the top end of this draft. If he lays an egg vs. Clemson it's hard to see him going #2

He has been bad versus both ranked opponents this year. They had to become one dimensional in those games which is not what you should be doing with the 2nd overall pick.

You sure as shit know Venables is going to make Fields throw it.

Lance shot up like a rocket early but is now falling like a rock in mock drafts.

Probably something to do with being stuck at the end of his redshirt freshman year.

I can't see spending a #5 draft pick on a guy who has played fewer games than Justin Fields, against slightly weaker competition than Fields (not including two losses against Clemson), and hasn't played in 16 months.

So he shot up like a rocket when people saw him play, but his stock is falling by not playing because he only started one year. That’s no big deal. He will go into the combine and make up some lost ground.

BTW Ph, what is it about Lance's games that you've watched that really stands out for you and are you really taking into account the level of competition and how his game translates to the NFL ?

BTW Ph, what is it about Lance's games that you've watched that really stands out for you and are you really taking into account the level of competition and how his game translates to the NFL ?

Guess we shouldn't draft Jeremy Chinn then

Lance has a strong arm and is extremely accurate. He is also only 20 years old. Yes there is risk, but there's also very high upside. He'll sit for 10 games before getting a shot in the NFL.

If I'm the panthers, I take the chance on him being a Russel Wilson type and draft him wherever we land. If we can trade back into the 7-8 range and get him, even better. But I'm fine with him at #4.

If you watch the kids highlights he puts off a lot more RW3 or Patrick Mahomes #vibez than he does Jimmy Clausen or Colt McCoy

If I'm the panthers, I take the chance on him being a Russel Wilson type and draft him wherever we land. If we can trade back into the 7-8 range and get him, even better. But I'm fine with him at #4.

Wilson was drafted in the 3rd round.

Lance at 4 is early. If we get him at 10-15 and trade back, I'm fine with it. But Rhule is gonna get "his" guy, hope we can see through pre-draft smoke screens

2020 Carolina Panthers - 2021 NFL Draft talk (RIP Kevin Greene)

Lance gets Andrew Luck comps. He has prototypical modern QB size, arm, and legs. He has a very high ceiling. I like that he has the small town, small school, “they underrated me” attitude. That would fit well with the Panthers.

I could see drafting Parsons or a LT then trading next year’s first and this year’s 2nd and change for Lance at 12-15 if Rhule and the new GM really want him and don’t want Wilson. There are different ways to pull this off.

Biff, what do you not like about Lance aside from where he played and how long?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back