• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to build my hopes on something based on reality and probability. We're unlikely to win the division at this point. The Saints will be favored over the Falcons in NO. The Falcons will be favored over us in Atlanta.

Not huge faves, we're talking 3-4 points in both games. It's likelier than not that either they win in NO or we win in ATL. We only need the former to set up the potential for the latter.

If the Falcons win Week 16, Week 17 is for the division. If the Seahawks win next week and the Falcons beat the Saints, Week 17 is for the division and the loser stays home.

NYT has us at over 98% to make the playoffs under this scenario, at 11-5 with a loss to the 11-5 Falcons (and SEA winning next weekend). Doesn't seem like its worth fretting that we could miss out this way.

Rams and Seahawks both have not-easy road games in Week 16, wouldn't exactly just give them wins in those

Not huge faves, we're talking 3-4 points in both games. It's likelier than not that either they win in NO or we win in ATL. We only need the former to set up the potential for the latter.

NYT has us at over 98% to make the playoffs under this scenario, at 11-5 with a loss to the 11-5 Falcons (and SEA winning next weekend). Doesn't seem like its worth fretting that we could miss out this way.

Rams and Seahawks both have not-easy road games in Week 16, wouldn't exactly just give them wins in those

Whatever. See you at the Orange Bowl.

I thought we're 100% to get in at 11-5?

You're right if you don't account for other games and just plug in our wins. But we aren't 100% if all the other playoff contenders win. It's a worst case scenario that the simulator must think is unlikely to happen. The point is still that we should root for the Seahawks over the Rams next week if we want the Falcons game to be meaningless.

I really like the Rams but will have no problem pulling for the Seahawks.

Honestly, I like all the other teams in contention except the Falcons.

I don't see how 11-4 and can't win the division vs. a desperate 9-6 Falcons team is better than 11-4 and can win the division vs. an already playoff-clinched 10-5 Falcons team. Especially since missing the playoffs is so unlikely in the latter scenario.

We very, very likely would have nothing to lose (except MAYBE the 5 seed vs. the 6 seed, meh) but would have something to gain

@AdamSchefter: Packers QB Aaron Rodgers underwent the scan he needed to this morning. Packers doctors now evaluating it, and team hopes to have an answer on his availability on Tuesday.

Yeah...hope he can't play. I mean I think we will win even if he does, but they're much worse without him so I hope he's out.

Last time we played a QB coming off a similar injury it was Romo on Thanksgiving in 2015

Last time we played a QB coming off a similar injury it was Romo on Thanksgiving in 2015

tony-romo-retire.jpg

His collarbone was made of paper mache.

Panthers open as 2.5 point favorites

1. Vegas knows AR will suit up
2. I'm still all over that line either way

I would not want to be coming back from a broken collar bone, to have a very slim chance of making the playoffs, vs this brutal pass rush & blitz scheme..

Yeah playing us and then the Vikings (who hurt him the first time) seems like it should give the Packers pause about bringing back Rodgers this season (right....?)

Yeah playing us and then the Vikings (who hurt him the first time) seems like it should give the Packers pause about bringing back Rodgers this season (right....?)

I think if you have a statistical chance of making the playoffs, even very slim, and he's cleared medically, you play him. I really don't see how that's even a close question.

NYT simulator thing has GB at 91% odds to make it if they win out

it's a little crazy that the panthers could miss the playoffs yet the seahawks, lions, packers, and cowboys still have hope. those teams all suck.

NYT simulator thing has GB at 91% odds to make it if they win out

It goes down to 35% if the other playoff contenders win (not counting Rams-Seahawks, Falcons-Saints, Panthers-Falcons).

Well the Panthers suck if we lose to the Packers and Bucs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back