• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice that we assume he is a racist since he is old and white and from the south.

Nothing bigoted in that assumption.

Nice that we assume he is a racist since he is old and white and from the south.

Nothing bigoted in that assumption.

Multiple ex players have said they won’t be surprised if it’s race related. Didn’t the guy also tell Cam not to get tattoos? The breadcrumbs are certainly there

Seriously? You're weirded out by people addressing their 81 year old boss as "Mr."?

It would be weird to me if they referred to him as "Jerry," especially players.

In this day and age, yes.

And I don't think it's just used as a term of respect, it's likely a demand of his.

Multiple ex players have said they won’t be surprised if it’s race related. Didn’t the guy also tell Cam not to get tattoos? The breadcrumbs are certainly there

Panthers were also the last or second last team to issue a statement about anthem protests and it finally came decidedly later than the others.

Richardson sexually harassed Gettleman and when Gettleman wouldn't acquiesce he was fired. And now Gettleman is #meetoo-ing the shit out of Big Creep.

I've always called him Mr. Richardson.

I wouldn't call the Patriots owner Bob.

He said if you want to be more marketable don’t get tattoos. Not bad advice

Please explain why you want him out ASAP besides whatever this investigation is. I really don’t understand this sentiment from Panther fans.

Agreed. We have no idea what is going on. I understand not liking him for whatever reason but he's the founder and owner of the franchise. The fans can't just demand for him to resign at least without a reason.

Agreed. We have no idea what is going on. I understand not liking him for whatever reason but he's the founder and owner of the franchise. The fans can't just demand for him to resign at least without a reason.

He harassed us, the fans, by rehiring Hurney.

What has he done to make so many fans feel aggrieved? People talk about him like he’s running the fucking browns

I was going to say the difference is that Richardson (note no Mr.) is the boss. There is no one above him to fire him. Then I remembered Donald Sterling, owner of the Clippers.

Also, the whole everyone calling him Mr. Richardson thing has always weirded me out. Rivera even just did it in a quote about this situation. Just not the way things are done anymore.
lolwut

Most people call owners mister. Every person calls Kraft Mr. Kraft. Just this week in his introductory presser, Giancarlo Stanton said thanks to Mr. Steinbrenner and Mr. Cashman. I think it's wise to call anyone signing your checks mister.

One of the weirdest takes I've read on here.

I ran into Arthur Blank at dinner after the SECCG a couple of weeks ago. I didn't speak to him but wasn't about to call him Arty either.

First meetings are different and I still call people Mr/Ms and from there go first name assuming it's fine which 99% of the time it is. But with the Panthers the calling him Mr. Richardson thing is pervasive everywhere, like on PA announcements at the stadium.

So I guess Jerry Richardson isn't the type of guy when you meet and call him Mr. Richardson he says "please, call me Jerry"

I once went to the same barber shop as Jerry. Believe he got his hair cut every week #scoop

I once took a piss beside Mr. Richardson at a charlotte movie theatre. We were both seeing a matinee of that harrison Ford flick K-19.

I was going to say the difference is that Richardson (note no Mr.) is the boss. There is no one above him to fire him. Then I remembered Donald Sterling, owner of the Clippers.

And there's no indication this is anything like that. And I think a better owner could have gotten away with it.

Richardson isn't a "just call me Jerry" guy and that's fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back