• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
captain prob has good packers intel

sucks about trai; that's concerning

2017 Carolina Panthers Thread: 9-4

Captain munnerlyn wasn't even that great in college for the gamecocks. I would have never guessed that he would have lasted this long in the NFL

Trai is way more concerning than Captain. He wasn't good the first time he played for Carolina, and I don't think he'll matter much.

So the pass defense has been better with Captain on the field than Shaq.

But missing at least one easy sack last week against Keenum did not look good for Captain.

Do you have stats on pass D with Captain vs Shaq?

Do you have stats on pass D with Captain vs Shaq?
No, just the eyeball test. I could be wrong. And the stats are gonna be skewed one way or another because Shaq is probably in on "likely" passing downs and Munnerlyn on "certainly" passing downs.

The fact that Cam has thrown for over 300 yards just twice, and under 200 yards SEVEN times, yet we're 9-4, is absolutely absurd.

I wonder how many yards of drops/missed throws to open receivers we've had? If that were a stat, there's no way any other team would be close.

Well, according to this WAPO: NFL Team Passes Dropped

we rank 21st in the NFL with only 14 passes dropped (49'ers are 1st with 27 drops). Missed open receivers and how many yards those drops cost us, I can't say.

Last edited:
The fact that Cam has thrown for over 300 yards just twice, and under 200 yards SEVEN times, yet we're 9-4, is absolutely absurd.

IMO this is a good thing. When cam gets hot and the WRs are getting open we are as good as any team in the league. And when this doesn't happen we are still a very good team capable of playing with the best. This team definitely has a pretty high ceiling, not sure if we will reach it or not this year mostly because our pass catching options do not inspire great hope in me.

IMO this is a good thing. When cam gets hot and the WRs are getting open we are as good as any team in the league. And when this doesn't happen we are still a very good team capable of playing with the best. This team definitely has a pretty high ceiling, not sure if we will reach it or not this year mostly because our pass catching options do not inspire great hope in me.

Let's be clear... this is not a good thing.

Cam is struggling to connect with his receivers on throws outside 15-20 yards downfield - particularly to outside receivers down the sideline. Certainly concerning.

Let's be clear... this is not a good thing.

I understand the concern about him not hitting those guys, but basically I believe he has the ability to do that and if he gets hot (he can be streaky but he does get hot) then we are in serious business. But definitely understand that if he continues missing those throws then it is not a good thing. Obviously.

The next two games are against not very good defenses so this would be a great time for him to get hot if it's going to happen.

I understand the concern about him not hitting those guys, but basically I believe he has the ability to do that and if he gets hot (he can be streaky but he does get hot) then we are in serious business. But definitely understand that if he continues missing those throws then it is not a good thing. Obviously.

In the playoffs, the film prep by other teams will leave Shula completely clueless. Cam was as hot as any QB in the league in the SB and we got Shula’d with no ability to adjust. That’s only exacerbated when Cam isn’t hitting his receivers.

585 yards rushing with a 5.9 yds average is pretty helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back