• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so I just checked and we have $5,044,000 in cap space, taking out the standard slotted draft pick amounts. That does not include Peppers' $5M. So, unless we get some #hurneymagic, we're going to need to find a starting S and CB, possibly LG (Moton potential here), TE2, and QB2. Unless we can restructure some deals/cut Kalil, we're in some pretty serious trouble.

OK, so I just checked and we have $5,044,000 in cap space, taking out the standard slotted draft pick amounts. That does not include Peppers' $5M. So, unless we get some #hurneymagic, we're going to need to find a starting S and CB, possibly LG (Moton potential here), TE2, and QB2. Unless we can restructure some deals/cut Kalil, we're in some pretty serious trouble.

@josephperson
Mar 19
Panthers currently with $16.2M in cap space, per NFLPA. That's not a ton, but enough to fill some holes during (slower) second wave of free agency.

Many wide receivers don't become good until their second or third season in the league. Some things about route running precision and getting separation from NFL DBs take time to learn.

Look at Nelson Aghlor in Philly. Much more production in year three than in years 1 or 2.
Fair but Curtis has been hurt since the day we drafted him and spending more time in rehab than route running and his route running was below avg to begin with

Curtis is going to miss all of preseason again and start the season on the PUP list. Bust

Did you hear that somewhere or are you just slinging mud ?

It's been reported in quite a few places (beat writers) that he is struggling to walk and behind rehab schedule. My actual comment came from my roommate who works with the Panthers.

So it looks like he was wearing the boot in February but not in March. Pretty sure he can walk now. The story buckets linked said training camp was the target for return.

I don't get how he's a bust or a bad pick. He was projected for late first round or early second round, which is where we got him. He's currently 21 years old. He's going to recover from his injury.

So it looks like he was wearing the boot in February but not in March. Pretty sure he can walk now. The story buckets linked said training camp was the target for return.

I don't get how he's a bust or a bad pick. He was projected for late first round or early second round, which is where we got him. He's currently 21 years old. He's going to recover from his injury.

he is duplicative to CMC and hasn't been healthy since we drafted him

he is duplicative to CMC and hasn't been healthy since we drafted him

Perhaps the fact that he is great in open space is a benefit of having both he and CMC on the field, separately or together. Also, there's been about 90% turnover in our WR corps in the past 12 months. We have to have talented guys on rookie contracts to succeed. Hopefully he'll get well and do just that. The guy got hurt just as he was starting to contribute last year and the offense got worse as a result.

Y'all are fucked in the head and just like to wallow in misery and hope the Panthers lose so you can be more miserable.

I guess I'm just an optimist.

2018 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread: Hurney Named Permanent GM

Juju is 21 and had 917 yards last year.

And he can walk. And ride a bike.

Last edited:
I'm sick that the Panthers picked a WR in the 2nd round last year and we're not expecting him to be a legit #1 this year.

Could have had Smith-Schuster in that spot.

I fully agree, but I also hope that Samuel will be a first rate return man and McCaffrey never returns another kick.

Juju is 21 and had 917 yards last year.

And he can walk. And ride a bike.

I already answered your post once. JuJu isn't on the team. Samuel is.

Also, Smith-Schu surely helped by opposing defenses not caring at all about him. Doubt he's near that productive with us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back