• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My source who I will not reveal (yeah playing the douche card here get over it) says the Panthers are salivating over taking Hayden Hurst. He thinks they'll take him unless one of the top two S/CB fall in which they'd try to trade up into the mid 2nd and grab Hayden as well #scoop

I would personally hate TE in the first but just being a good messenger boy

Thanks. The handwriting is on the wall about drafting a TE after letting HOF go. I was just hoping we'd wait till the later rounds. I wonder if they got word that Olsen is planning to retire after this year.

Turner loves his TE's, so it makes sense. Most notably Antonio Gates, then Kyle Rudolph. It's too bad Olsen is nearing the end of this career, or Turner could pad his stats.

Panthers sign Texans QB Taylor Heinicke off waivers. He was part of the parade of QBs who played after Watson got injured.

My source who I will not reveal (yeah playing the douche card here get over it) says the Panthers are salivating over taking Hayden Hurst. He thinks they'll take him unless one of the top two S/CB fall in which they'd try to trade up into the mid 2nd and grab Hayden as well #scoop

I would personally hate TE in the first but just being a good messenger boy

That would suck. He's not even a can't miss TE IMO. I'm really hoping we end up going with the S from Stanford if he makes it to us. He's my first choice.

That would suck. He's not even a can't miss TE IMO. I'm really hoping we end up going with the S from Stanford if he makes it to us. He's my first choice.

I think he's visiting the Panthers today, Justin Reid

We should also sign his brother Eric

Buckets, I'd switch it to RB Derrius Guise in the first and a OL such as Martinas Rankin in the second. Like Deamonwolverine said, I can't see McClatchey being there either.

He may be the best S available at the time but many have noted he’s not first round talent. I’ve seen both Reid and Hurst falling into our 2nd round pick on various mocks, but not sure that’s realistic. Maybe we trade back a few and grab them both?

He may be the best S available at the time but many have noted he’s not first round talent. I’ve seen both Reid and Hurst falling into our 2nd round pick on various mocks, but not sure that’s realistic. Maybe we trade back a few and grab them both?

Wouldn't hate it at all. And grab another mid round pick or two in the process.

We should trade our entire draft to the Browns so we can draft Barkley at 4. God I love him as as stud RB in the NFL.

We should trade our entire draft to the Browns so we can draft Barkley at 4. God I love him as as stud RB in the NFL.

giphy.gif

i thought it was settled that taking RBs in the first round is a sucker move since if you have a decent OL there are plenty of dudes that can tote the rock washing around the league/lower draft rounds. No?

I just have a huge crush on Barkley’s potential. He’s not just a great runner, but he’s great as a pass catching RB too. He and CMC together would keep defenses guessing for years.

That's certainly not going to happen, but I can get on board with the sentiment that Barkley would be so far and away much better than any RB we've ever had in our history and would be awesome to watch him in our offense

Definitely agree on his talent and potential, just too many holes to fill to even dream about that scenario.

Greg sure is tweeting a lot about his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back