• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What I like about this mock is that only Ridley is taken at WR, which means it is pretty likely we could take one of the next 4 WR's in R2.

I don't know if we'll take one. WR is the one position in which Hurney filled holes instead of created them. It would be very nice to have a legit #1, but we don't need a WR in terms of having 5-6 NFL caliber players. We could get by with the current WR corps. We NEED a safety and depth on the DL.

I like Moton, but expecting him to be the immediate answer at LG is too risky for my taste. Would like to take someone who can play LG/C in one of the first 3 rounds, especially given Kalil's departure next year. If Billy Price falls to us in round 2, I'd be all over him.

You're saying expecting last year's OL pick in the 3rd round to be the immediate answer is too risky, so we should take an OG or C this year in the 3rd round. That's not less risky.

You're saying expecting last year's OL pick in the 3rd round to be the immediate answer is too risky, so we should take an OG or C this year in the 3rd round. That's not less risky.

Huh? I gave two examples of players I'd be fine with taking in the 1st or 2nd round. And Moton was drafted as an OT. Believe he only played guard one year (RG at that) in college. It's odd how easily people expect him to be able to replace our best lineman from a line that already had a ton of trouble in the non-Cam run game last year. I'd put the line as my 2nd concern behind S at the moment. Probably S, G, DE, CB, TE, WR, RB, in that order. We have a lot of needs, though, so BPA isn't a bad strategy as long as it comes from that group.

Huh? I gave two examples of players I'd be fine with taking in the 1st or 2nd round. And Moton was drafted as an OT. Believe he only played guard one year (RG at that) in college. It's odd how easily people expect him to be able to replace our best lineman from a line that already had a ton of trouble in the non-Cam run game last year. I'd put the line as my 2nd concern behind S at the moment. Probably S, G, DE, CB, TE, WR, RB, in that order. We have a lot of needs, though, so BPA isn't a bad strategy as long as it comes from that group.

There's been talk of Moton playing LG. He's listed as a OT on the Panthers official site, but as a OG on NFL.com. Who knows? I just think it's a stretch to say a draft pick is less of a risk than a 2nd year player.

I basically agree with your list although I'd move OG behind DE.

Isn't it easier to move from T to G, than G to T?

Should be, but it's completely different. In college, he was probably blocking DEs that averaged around 250-260. Now he's blocking 310+ DTs all day long (and blitzing LBs). R. Kalil being healthy/able to help on double teams is definitely important.

Thomas Davis suspended four games for PEDs.

I really don’t give a shit if he did PEDs knowingly or not. Dude blew out his knees multiple times and played in a super bowl two weeks after breaking his forearm. Make his statue even bigger when he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back