• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How often do super bowl winning teams have elite receivers on them? Not saying it never happens, but I think it is pretty rare. I think the combination of salary cap hit and the need to get their catches can bring diminishing returns. I also think it is harder to game plan for a balanced team of good receivers.

49ers did it with Jerry Rice three times and the Cowboys did it three times with Michael Irvin. Those are the ones that immediately jumped out to me.

49ers did it with Jerry Rice three times and the Cowboys did it three times with Michael Irvin. Those are the ones that immediately jumped out to me.

Long time ago. I don't think they were huge cap hits (honestly don't know).

I mean Julio was in th Super Bowl last season

In it but did not win. Same with TO. Just seems like teams with good receivers tend to win more than the ones with elite receivers. Maybe just an anomaly but it could be cap space usage. Also seem to cause team dissension if they don't get enough targets.

Stallworth and Swann.

Drew Pearson.

Isaac Bruce.

Steve Smith.

These are the 20 highest paid WRs on a per-year basis, with a * next to those with Super Bowl rings (I think I got them all). I imagine that 4 out of 20 is probably on par with most other positions around the NFL, other than probably QB which looks like it has 7 out of the top 20 with Super Bowl rings and like 13 rings between those 7 QBs. By way of comparison, I think 4 of the 20 highest paid Left Tackles have rings. So WR probably isn't much different from an impact perspective than a Left Tackle, which most people would readily pay.

Antonio Brown
Mike Evans
DeAndre Hopkins
Sammy Watkins
Jarvis Landry
A.J. Green
Davante Adams
Julio Jones
Demaryius Thomas *
Dez Bryant
Allen Robinson
TY Hilton
Alshon Jeffery *
Doug Baldwin *
Keenan Allen
DeSean Jackson
Emmanuel Sanders *
Larry Fitzgerald
Tavon Austin
Randall Cobb

The argument was about getting to the Super Bowl so you’ll need to add a few asterisks to the lists.

No thanks

I've had enough of spending first round picks on dudes from no name schools

Davenport seems like a beast, and will likely be gone by the time we pick, according to many. Wouldn't dislike that pick. Also, Will Hernandez, G from UTEP, is a monster and would be a solid starting LG next year. Wouldn't dislike that pick either.

It would be weird to go LG in the first, especially if last year's 3rd is supposed to be the plan there.

No thanks

I've had enough of spending first round picks on dudes from no name schools

What I like about this mock is that only Ridley is taken at WR, which means it is pretty likely we could take one of the next 4 WR's in R2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back