• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
As long as OBJ is preemptively banned from Lake Norman and any other surrounding body of water which contains boats, I think he will be a good fit

OBJ will be holding out again after the third year of any five-year deal he signs, assuming he continues to produce. If he doesn't he'll sulk and won't be worth what we have to pay him.

And if he produces over those three years, pay him.

Odell and I if he comes to the Panthers:

giphy.gif

Don't want OBJ. Too high a cost. Prima Donna wide receivers don't play for championship teams anyway.

Spend money elsewhere. Win.

Feel like you gotta at least “inquire” if a superstar type talent is possibly available

Yep. And I just don't think a 1st, a 2nd, and a player plus $18M is too much for an elite talent. I explained my logic above, but here's another way to put it. The franchise already spent a 1st and two 2nds on WR over the previous four drafts. Would you have rather had KB, Funchess, and Samuel or a player of OBJ's caliber at WR?

Yep. And I just don't think a 1st, a 2nd, and a player plus $18M is too much for an elite talent. I explained my logic above, but here's another way to put it. The franchise already spent a 1st and two 2nds on WR over the previous four drafts. Would you have rather had KB, Funchess, and Samuel or a player of OBJ's caliber at WR?

giphy.gif

How often do super bowl winning teams have elite receivers on them? Not saying it never happens, but I think it is pretty rare. I think the combination of salary cap hit and the need to get their catches can bring diminishing returns. I also think it is harder to game plan for a balanced team of good receivers.

He’s pretty good.

Is there any single position that requires an elite player to make the Super Bowl?

How often do super bowl winning teams have elite receivers on them? Not saying it never happens, but I think it is pretty rare. I think the combination of salary cap hit and the need to get their catches can bring diminishing returns. I also think it is harder to game plan for a balanced team of good receivers.

Hines Ward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back