• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I live in Austin now, but if the Panthers leave Charlotte I won’t watch the NFL anymore.

Haven't lived in Charlotte since I was 18, but try to get down to as many games as I can a season (usually ends up only being one or two). If they leave town I won't watch anymore.

Let's pump the brakes here. It's unlikely the team is going anywhere. The bidding for the team has gotten jacked up because Charlotte is a great market right now and it's growing quickly. If you wanted to buy a crap team and move it, you would have bought the Bills for $1.1 billion instead of the Panthers for $2.5 billion plus.

Right Biff. You got it. The price tag is largely to do with the market you get. The stadium works against the price though.

Right Biff. You got it. The price tag is largely to do with the market you get. The stadium works against the price though.

I don't get that mindset. The stadium is generally full for every game regardless, including the suites. I don't think I've ever heard any actual fan say that they are not going to games until they get a new stadium for whatever reason. My company has a suite, we fill it every game, and nobody complains about the quality of the suite.

If there's not a bidet and beluga caviar in Biff's suite, he will raise hell accordingly. Or not show up.

A new stadium would have more value.

Yeah, new stadiums have more value and greater revenue streams. Problem with the current stadium is number of suites. Also, no parking, which is a revenue stream that lots of owners enjoy that isn't available to the Panthers owner.

Right. All the more reason why it’s nuts that the bid will be over $2.5B. The franchise doesn’t have the pluses.

Right. All the more reason why it’s nuts that the bid will be over $2.5B. The franchise doesn’t have the pluses.

Which other NFL team are you going to buy ? There's literally no other available inventory. And I would guess that the deal still makes sense at $2.5 billion or there wouldn't be so many bidders in that range.

Which other NFL team are you going to buy ? There's literally no other available inventory. And I would guess that the deal still makes sense at $2.5 billion or there wouldn't be so many bidders in that range.

If the Houston Texans owner keeps spouting off at the hip, that one might become available sooner rather than later......

The thought of a new owner keeping the team in Charlotte, but building a stadium on a new site to tap into parking revenue at $30/$40/$50 a pop (while effectively making current PSL's worthless) is a little worrisome. Seems like the shelf life of arenas/buildings these days is trending towards about 25-30 years, sadly.

If the Houston Texans owner keeps spouting off at the hip, that one might become available sooner rather than later......

The thought of a new owner keeping the team in Charlotte, but building a stadium on a new site to tap into parking revenue at $30/$40/$50 a pop (while effectively making current PSL's worthless) is a little worrisome. Seems like the shelf life of arenas/buildings these days is trending towards about 25-30 years, sadly.

I would think there would be interest in having a stadium (at the taxpayers' expense, of course) with a retractable roof so you could host Final Fours since this is NC after all. would also put the city in line for CFP finals and Super Bowls.

Personally, I would not be willing to bet $2.5B that the NFL will outrun its concussion issues or that NC law will remain in the good graces of the NFL.

we're rumored to have inquired about OBJ

Kind of surprising....I wouldn't think we'd be in the market to ship away multiple very high draft picks and shell out $18M+ annually for one dude when we have so many holes to fill. Not the kind of thing great teams do.

But you could say that anytime a franchise is for sell, even 4 years ago when the Bills sold for $1.1B and when Khan bought the Jags 6 years ago for $770M.

Personally, I would not be willing to bet $2.5B that the NFL will outrun its concussion issues or that NC law will remain in the good graces of the NFL.

Yep on concussion. All sports get closer and closer to becoming niche sports for a variety of reasons.

But you could say that anytime a franchise is for sell, even 4 years ago when the Bills sold for $1.1B and when Khan bought the Jags 6 years ago for $770M.

Exactly. How much do you think the next NFL franchise on the market is going to sell for if you miss your chance to buy this one ?

Yeah, new stadiums have more value and greater revenue streams. Problem with the current stadium is number of suites. Also, no parking, which is a revenue stream that lots of owners enjoy that isn't available to the Panthers owner.

The fact that the stadium is in the middle of downtown is a huge plus from the fans perspective. Hard sell to convince tax payers to fork over cash while the game day experience get worse.

We aren’t going to be spending big money on a WR on the current roster.

If we were to spend a 1st this year on a WR, it would be Ridley who isn’t likely to be an OBJ level player.

If they want a second 1st, try to talk them down to a 2nd next year. If not, offer a 1st in 2020 or 2021.

That’s not a huge loss for a 25 year old elite WR. Throw in a player GMan really likes to sweeten the pot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back