• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I was hoping for CB or OL there given what our division rivals did, but hopefully this dude comes as advertised

Smitty's comments made me happy about the pick. I was pulling for Ridley. Sucks he went to Atlanta.

Ridley is going to have a chip on his shoulder about being passed over.

I'm very excited about this pick, and about our offense in general. I think people are sleeping on Samuel. We didn't start to get a glimpse of what he can do until right before he got hurt.

DV2N90LV4AEvGU0

I know I said 2008 (hyperbole) just threw out a year. But had this graphic in mind when posting earlier. This scares me.

We overthought the “Cam misses high, get tall WRs” over the years. If Moore can get open, we will be fine. Cam got the ball to Smith just fine. He got the ball to Ginn just fine. Get open receivers and the passing offense will improve. Besides when Cam misses high, he misses like 20 feet high anyway, so unless we draft Shawn Bradley, 6” ain’t gonna matter.

Was almost yelling at the screen that we should have traded up to get Derwin James before the Chargers got him. Based on other trades, we probably could have offered the 24th, 3rd rd, and 5th/6th. Would have been worth it for a player of his caliber that most had in the top 10.

I'm very excited about this pick, and about our offense in general. I think people are sleeping on Samuel. We didn't start to get a glimpse of what he can do until right before he got hurt.

But can he walk :plos:

Is there any more cliche than this? I mean other than Mayfield, everyone would have this issue.

Same position. Picked by a division foe a few picks before.

But yeah. Most of them do.

I would imagine Hurney (as well as several other GMs) spent most of the night figuring out how to trade up for Jackson.

The Panthers have drafted a RB and a WR the last two years in the first round. The two most replaceable positions in football. Hopefully its works out but I don't get it.

Even though I would have been more excited if we had taken Ridley.

I spent the pre-draft time convincing myself that good WR's will be there in R2, and pick BPA in R1. Off season moves seemed support this. Then the Panthers go and draft a WR in R1. Loved Smitty's passion for the guy. He convinced me. But I thought we'd do what Dallas did - get Courtland Sutton or Christian Kirk in the second. So we is our R2 target?

I spent the pre-draft time convincing myself that good WR's will be there in R2, and pick BPA in R1. Off season moves seemed support this. Then the Panthers go and draft a WR in R1. Loved Smitty's passion for the guy. He convinced me. But I thought we'd do what Dallas did - get Courtland Sutton or Christian Kirk in the second. So we is our R2 target?

I honestly believe that was the plan. I don't think they expected Moore or Ridley to be there at 24 let alone both. If either of those guys is picked earlier, then I think both are off the board by 24.

Gotta be a DB. Probably Reid, Harrison, or Bates, in that order. We like Oliver a lot too, who could be there.

Was almost yelling at the screen that we should have traded up to get Derwin James before the Chargers got him. Based on other trades, we probably could have offered the 24th, 3rd rd, and 5th/6th. Would have been worth it for a player of his caliber that most had in the top 10.

Has been reported Hurney tried but didn't work out

It'd be hard to complain too much about a Moore/Reid first two days, but man do I wish we were in the Colts spot to take two of the 5 between Jackson, Guice, Daniels, Sutton or Kirk. The top of the 2nd round just seems to be exponentially more loaded than the middle of the third, so hopefully we can get some #hurneymagic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back