• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Smitty just ended the draft.

So how many catches do you think a rookie WR is going to get for the Panthers next year ? 40-50 maybe ?

Falcons take CALVIN with the next pick. Goddamnit why do all my favorite WRs end up on the Falcons.

Drafting Julio's replacement. No way he plays the next three years at $12 million per.

Hope we made the right choice. Good to be in a position to take the top of your board.

Dafuq? Ridley all day. I've never even heard of this guy.

This makes me know Moore is that man. Dude we already have one little slot receiver hybrid that can’t break tackles, we don’t need two. Moore has the speed and the strength. We are looking at Smitty 2.0, nothing like the guys we have on our roster currently.

Norv absolutely loved Moore. I know everyone says that but in Moore’s workout, Norv is looking at him like he’s going to have sex with him.

Impressed he put up stats even in games where Maryland couldn't do jack shit otherwise, as often is the case

Questionable pick, why we need another slot? We need another outside guy, this ain't him, too small and has just okay hands

Questionable pick, why we need another slot? We need another outside guy, this ain't him, too small and has just okay hands

Wrong. Norv is thinking he is going to be the man. A guy like Ridley is a slot receiver, Moore is physical enough to play on outside despite his height.

Yeah. Like Smitty himself said, Moore is there to replace him.

We will see, I felt (and said so then and think so now) that taking McCaffrey at #8 last year was way too high and same with this guy. He is NOT going to replace Steve Smith for crying out loud, Smitty was a freak of nature that happens about every 10-15 years at that size. Look, some NFL guys say he has so-so but not great hands, with Cam sailing his throws a lot, a short receiver won't help that. We desperately need OL and defensive backfield players but watch Turner/Hurney take a TE with our 2nd pick

First round WRs since like 2008 have sucked. Stop trying to “find a true number 1”. List off the true number 1s in this league. What are there, maybe 5 out of 32 teams? Think we were okay this season with award. Could have filled holes on the OL or at S.

He can play outside, dude is a beast. He may not have pretty hands, but he has Smitty hands. He isn't going to ODB one-hand many balls but he is consistent and strong with the ball with two hands and is explosive once he has it. Great pick, much better than the tOSU Greg Oden injury bum from last year whose name I can't remember at the moment.

First round WRs since like 2008 have sucked. Stop trying to “find a true number 1”. List off the true number 1s in this league. What are there, maybe 5 out of 32 teams? Think we were okay this season with award. Could have filled holes on the OL or at S.

here are some 1st round receivers drafted since 2008:

Amari Cooper
DeVante Parker
Mike Evans
ODB
DeAndre Hopkins
AJ Green
Julio Jones
DeMmaryius Thomas
Dez Bryant
Michael Crabtree
Jeremy Maclin

do they suck? some are better than others, and there were other busts I didn't list. but these guys all are or have been excellent at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back