• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh I agree Cam handled that well. A lot of guys would have gotten sucked down that the trap of trash talk, including maybe a younger Cam Newton.

What's weird to me about it though is that Cam and Kelvin were always reported to be very close friends, not sure what happened. What we do know is that Josh Allen and AJ McCarron arn't going to fix Kelvins QB issues.

This is the strangest thing about KB making these comments - it's not like his current team's QBs are doing to be throwing darts so it sets up for strained relations with them if they aren't super accurate

Serigne caught a 14 yard TD in practice today, after earlier having a ball come off his fingertips for a pick. So, mixed bag I guess.

For a year. He hasn't had enough time to get overally emotionally connected to the players.

Touched on this before but I don't totally blame Hurney for what went down in 2010-11, JR had our payroll down to bare bones going into 2010 b/c he thought a lockout was coming the next season, and then once that was averted we were flush with cash -- cash that JR wanted spent since he was getting tagged with a "cheap" perception.

I don't know for a fact that JR mandated that the money had to go to current players, so Hurney does deserve grief for that to some extent. And I wouldn't have minded hiring a GM who has been working in football the past half decade instead of just happening to be in the area when we needed him and then winding up with the full-time gig.

Regardless, as previously stated, any owner involvement in player personnel is bad, bad news

Serigne caught a 14 yard TD in practice today, after earlier having a ball come off his fingertips for a pick. So, mixed bag I guess.

Apparently the panthers were working our prospective TEs and FBs today too.

Touched on this before but I don't totally blame Hurney for what went down in 2010-11, JR had our payroll down to bare bones going into 2010 b/c he thought a lockout was coming the next season, and then once that was averted we were flush with cash -- cash that JR wanted spent since he was getting tagged with a "cheap" perception.

I don't know for a fact that JR mandated that the money had to go to current players, so Hurney does deserve grief for that to some extent. And I wouldn't have minded hiring a GM who has been working in football the past half decade instead of just happening to be in the area when we needed him and then winding up with the full-time gig.

Regardless, as previously stated, any owner involvement in player personnel is bad, bad news

JR really messed us up going into that season, and it is a blessing in so many ways he is gone now. However Hurney didn't have to use all that cash to lock down a core of players that went 2-14.

Tepper has to have a close, close eye on Hurney

"let me get this straight, they fired you, brought you in as interim after your replacement was fired then said fuck it and kept you? Fucking Richardson..."

JR really messed us up going into that season, and it is a blessing in so many ways he is gone now. However Hurney didn't have to use all that cash to lock down a core of players that went 2-14.

Yeah I agree. I guess the two things I'd note is 2011 was a very condensed offseason -- free agency took place in late July as opposed to in early March. I'd have to look back to see if that lead to more players staying with their current teams and less of a desire to overhaul things, but I could see the logic in that. And also again I think 2010 was viewed as such a throwaway by the front office, a year where we started Clausen for almost the entirety of the year, that maybe they just totes ignored that record.

Either way, things certainly should've been done differently, no doubt about that

2018 Carolina Panthers Offseason Thread

Hadn’t heard about the Coleman trade.

Why would any team trade for CAP? It is possible he gets cut.

My dad is looking to sell season tickets for one set of PSLs he owns (4 tickets). Section 517. PM me if interested for the details.

Man, he’s the man. He didn’t need to come out like that especially since he’s on TV now. I really admire him for stepping forward.

Meh, I'm starting to drink the hatorade. I love our role players but the chance Cam gets killed by game 4 at this point is really damn high

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back