• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems doubtful there would be any waiver dudes worth a crap either since in general OLs in the whole league seem to suck too

Seems doubtful there would be any waiver dudes worth a crap either since in general OLs in the whole league seem to suck too

There's nothing out there right now, and nobody is going to cut a tackle that is even servicable. This year is seeming like 2014 repeat. We have wasted Cam's prime.

At least we are set up better to deal with a bad O-Line than we have been in the past. We have gotten quicker at every position, so hopefully we can use that to help alleviate some of the pressure. Although, quick hitters have never really been Cam's specialty, so I am a little nervous about that.

It’s pretty amazing that the franchise still hasn’t replaced Smitty or Gross. At least there is hope about Moore replacing Smitty.

It's weird that WR is seemingly our position of greatest depth at the moment other than maybe DT. We've got 6 guys that I'm confident (maybe in error) can be starting caliber WRs.

I doubt any team would do it, but maybe we could package Torrey Smith and CAP for a serviceable OT? I wouldn't even mind giving up a draft pick, our OL is that scary.

Don't forget that Brenton Bersin could step right in at any moment too.

It's weird that WR is seemingly our position of greatest depth at the moment other than maybe DT. We've got 6 guys that I'm confident (maybe in error) can be starting caliber WRs.

I doubt any team would do it, but maybe we could package Torrey Smith and CAP for a serviceable OT? I wouldn't even mind giving up a draft pick, our OL is that scary.

Tepper would immediately win some fans if he signed on for a big trade for a LT.

I think you have to trade Funchess if you trade any of them, 90% sure we let him walk after this season.

I would trade Funchess for a legit LT. I’d throw in a 4th too.

Legit LTs are harder to come by than Funchess level receivers. I think you'd have to throw in more than a 4th.

And the best you're going to get is a starting level RT that you're hoping can play LT.

Or would you be better served looking for a back-up LT that is a hidden gem behind one of the NFL's all pro LTs, but doesn't get chance to shine due to the starter? Not sure how our personnel scouting dept. ranks but this would be a good time to earn their keep.

Legit LTs are harder to come by than Funchess level receivers. I think you'd have to throw in more than a 4th.

Let me rephrase. A LT better than Bad Kalil. I’m basically looking for someone with the saltydeac profile or a disgruntled starter.

And the best you're going to get is a starting level RT that you're hoping can play LT.

that's better than what we have right now. Basically we have an unproven RT in Moton, that is now going to be forced into playing the left side if speed bump McGee is down, with god knows what out there at RT.

Last edited:
How the fuck did Matt Kalil ever beat out Tyron Smith?

that's better than what we have right now. Basically we have an unproven RT in Moton, that is now going to be forced into playing the left side if speed bump McGee is down, with god knows what out there at RT.

Do we know Williams is out for awhile?

Hard to believe we lost two Pro Bowlers off an OL that was questionable to begin with.

Moore was pulled over by the North Carolina State Highway Patrol just before 3 AM on August 10th in the early morning after the Panthers' preseason-opening victory over the Buffalo Bills. According to a state trooper, Moore was traveling at approximately 113 MPH in a 65 MPH work zone of Interstate 77.

Showing off that speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back