• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why people want to shit on Cam and give OBJ any sort of a pass. That dude is a POS.

The Panthers won the game despite Cam's inconsistency, among other factors. He made a number of bad decisions and poor throws.

I think it took ESPN about 30 seconds after the play to get its OBJ to Saquan breathless breaking news update out. I can't stand OBJ, but he had a pretty strong game other than the brain-dead botched punt.

Panthers often struggle against pocket quarterbacks with elite receivers. We haven't had a true shutdown matchup corner since we lost Josh Norman.

The Panthers won the game despite Cam's inconsistency, among other factors. He made a number of bad decisions and poor throws.

I think it took ESPN about 30 seconds after the play to get its OBJ to Saquan breathless breaking news update out. I can't stand OBJ, but he had a pretty strong game other than the brain-dead botched punt.

Yeah, OBJ is definitely a good player and I wasn't really comparing him to MVP Cam on the field.

I don't have a dog in this fight and was happy to see the Panthers win, but NYG scored 30+ points for the first time in two years (longest active drought in the NFL), and it was legit as the Giants gained 422 yards and averaged a hefty 8 yards per play. The Panthers averaged 5.2 per play and 3.8 per carry. The Giants offense was completely shutdown by the Saints and Cowboys recently; so, the Giants offensive production surprised me. I don't watch the Panthers as much as most that post here; so, my observations may be off, but yesterday's game seemed like a red flag to me. In the end, W-L only matters, and 4-1 is pretty good.

Good post, except we're 3-1 :thumbsup:

Top-five graded #Panthers players on offense from Week 5's WIN vs. the #Giants (min. 15 total snaps)

WR D.J. Moore - 80.0
T Taylor Moton - 75.8
G Trai Turner - 67.6
G Greg Van Roten - 67.3
QB Cam Newton - 66.1

Top-five graded #Panthers players on defense from Week 5's WIN vs. the #Giants (min. 15 total snaps)

EDGE Julius Peppers - 84.9
DI Kawann Short - 82.8
DI Dontari Poe - 66.3
LB Luke Kuechly - 65.1
EDGE Wes Horton - 63.9

I can definitely understand watching that game and thinking that our OL wasn't getting the job done because McCaffrey was 3-yards and a cloud of dust again after the magical Bengals game and CJ Anderson had 4 carries for 9 yards.

McCaf had been effective all season really running before yesterday. And he started pretty well yesterday too -- hopefully the running game hasn't been figured out

Luke has been lowkey mediocre this year. Hoping getting TD back will help.

Yeah I've also noticed Luke missing way more tackles and getting taken out of more plays than usual. He'll get it figured out, plus TD will help.

I can't believe any giants fans think they actually outplayed the panthers

If it wasn't for pure stupidity in playcalling and taking our foot off the gas, the Panthers win by 14+

I watched with the fiancée and her brother who are big Giants fans and they both thought Panthers looked like the better team (although “worse than I expected” according to the brother but he said he hadn’t seen much of the Panthers so far this year) but that the Giants played decently well compared to how they had so far. Not sure how much of that is the Panthers making them look good or the Giants offense starting to click more.

Just a weird game overall I thought. The OBJ miscue, the trick play TD, both QBs forgetting how to play the position for stretches of the second half. It’s the type of game that pops up in the NFL from time to time - just win baby.

Cam played bad in the 2nd half, but Norv didn’t do him any favors. Seemed like almost every pass play featured slow developing, medium length routes. We’re more dynamic when Cam gets the ball out quick or throws deep downfield. Need to 2-3 bombs a game, if nothing else to keep the safeties offense. We’ve got 3 guys fast enough to do it.

I am hoping Norv feels like he can play Samuel and Moore more if he doesn’t have to play Thomas at TE.

I’m glad we play NO weeks 15 and 17 because if we played them with our current front 4 we’d lose by 50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back