• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They may turn it around by then was my point. The players aren’t changing, no.

Obada will have 4.5 times as much experience as he has now by week 15.

We could be really dangerous if we ever put together a full game like the first half against the giants

I don't understand how giants fans can even remotely think it was anything more than a fluke that they were close to winning the game

We could be really dangerous if we ever put together a full game like the first half against the giants

I don't understand how giants fans can even remotely think it was anything more than a fluke that they were close to winning the game

Not really a "fluke." Just having one of the most talented players in the league combined with some horrible brain farts by the Panthers staff and the Panthers sleepwalking through the 4th against a bad opponent. Similar to the 2015 game.

It's the NFL. If one team lets up and one team has a superior talent, it's not hard to catch up.

This team has more likeable young players than any Panthers team in a long time.

Yep, we had better see a lot more of Moore and Samuel as this season progresses. Keep Smith and Wright rostered because they’re both fine and reliable but give me the young guys all day. Every time they touch the ball something good happens.

Completely agree that Torrey and Wright need to stay on sidelines unless we are running 4 WR packages on 3rd downs. Time for Curtis and DJ to get majority of snaps. Torrey has done nothing and clearly his best days are way behind him.

Also Pep needs to be on sideline a lot more as it appears his impact is minimal and not nearly as disruptive as he was even last year. Obada needs to go from being on the field a 1/3 of the time to 2/3 as he is the only one making any noise outside Addison on our pass rush.

Julius Peppers was the best defensive player on the field for either team, so lets not bench him quite yet.

Often, these old guys are a coach on the field in their twilight years. Hope that is happening now with Pep.

I still can't believe after that one beautiful drive with Moore and Samuel that we just stopped trying to get them the ball

I still can't believe after that one beautiful drive with Moore and Samuel that we just stopped trying to get them the ball

Very possible that these guys are our best two WR's. Pretty ridiculous not to continue to have them as an integral part of the gameplan.

I need one of these in my life.
c753ebaa773fc2d5b9abf931a37c05e0.jpg

Saw a stat that Moton has the most snaps/per pressure given up in pass protection in the NFL so far this year. Great to have a young lineman developing and protecting Cam. Hope it keeps up.

Link? I'm not even sure what that stat means. What is given up?

Link? I'm not even sure what that stat means. What is given up?

Pretty self explanatory. He's played the most snaps per 1 pressure given up. Or described another way Average snaps per pressure allowed. So he gives up the least amount of pressures per snap of anyone in the NFL. According to PFF he's at 91 snaps played per pressure allowed. He and Ryan Ramczyk are way ahead of every other linemen.

"Played the most snaps per 1 pressure" reads very differently than "most snaps/per pressure given up."

Thanks. Seems like the stat should be pressure percentage though. Pressure/snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back