• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Carolina Panthers 4-2

Ron says no to the no huddle unless they’re desperate.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...rivera-nohuddle-offense-wont-drive-who-we-are

"I think it's situational," Rivera said Monday, per the Panthers' official website. "Certain circumstances dictate a lot of the things that happen, more so than anything else. Because there have been times when we start the game in no-huddle and go three-and-out. I just think it's situational. Do we need to look at it? Most certainly, but I don't think that's going to drive who we are as an offense."

——-

Obviously we shouldn’t be a full time no huddle team but Rivera doesn’t seem to understand his QB is so much better in it. And we go 3 and out to start games all the time.

Cam is poetry in the no huddle. For the first three quarters he looks like he’s trying to run somebody else’s offense.

Great stat in there that Sunday was only the 9th time in NFL history a team with no points through 3 quarters came back from a 17 point deficit.

For the first three quarters he looks like he’s trying to run somebody else’s offense.

^ Agree and well said.

And the offense improves when we have to throw the ball down the field. I guess we dink and dunk bc we have no confidence on OL to hold blocks that long, but it is not working for us.

It's frustrating to watch how frustrated Cam gets when it takes Norv 20 seconds to get the play call in, and he's left rushing to break the huddle and get to the line to snap it. We definitely have to lead the league in pointless wasted timeouts to avoid delay of game. Also in lowest average time on the play clock left when the ball is snapped (when not in hurry-up mode). Someone find those extremely important stats.

Saints trade a 4th and 7th to NY for 2016 10th overall pick, CB ELi Apple

He's struggled lately but is probably worth the risk at that price. Good trade for the Saints, IMO. Probably not going after Peterson with that news, however.

It's frustrating to watch how frustrated Cam gets when it takes Norv 20 seconds to get the play call in, and he's left rushing to break the huddle and get to the line to snap it. We definitely have to lead the league in pointless wasted timeouts to avoid delay of game. Also in lowest average time on the play clock left when the ball is snapped (when not in hurry-up mode). Someone find those extremely important stats.

I always assumed this was a Shula issue, but now it seems like it's gotta be a Cam issue, right?

Nice work, ramrod.

I don’t know if it’s a Cam issue. We see that he gets the playcall in the huddle and sometimes has a pained look on his face. Then he comes out of the huddle and makes the call and adjustments.

tenor.gif

Interesting. I wonder what the average time between breaking huddle and snap is. At least 15 times a game I look at the playclock at 12 while we are in the huddle and think "uhhhh guys?"

I firmly believe Cam is the NFL career record holder already for most timeouts taken with under 5 seconds left on the play clock because we can't get the snap off. I believe we spent four or five of our six total timeouts against the Giants randomly calling timeout before a play as the clock ran down.

I firmly believe Cam is the NFL career record holder already for most timeouts taken with under 5 seconds left on the play clock because we can't get the snap off. I believe we spent four or five of our six total timeouts against the Giants randomly calling timeout before a play as the clock ran down.

yeah I love it when we burn 2 timeouts within the first 7 minutes of the 3rd quarter. doubt we'll need those later anyway !

Well, the word is that Cam is EXTREMELY good at recognizing defenses and making adjustments at the line or in some occasions bailing on the situation and calling a timeout. I've read - as I am sure many of you have - that current and prior coaches have said this about Cam. And even scouts from other teams have said in print that they would fear the Panthers more if the Panthers OC would turn Cam loose more in terms of calling plays after the huddle. As it is, Cam has semi-complained about how long the plays are in terms of verbiage. He says it takes forever in the huddle to get the play call out of his mouth. Turner has admitted to this and has said he is working on simplifying that. I'm sure many of you read this recently as well.

Feel free to post some links or at least tell us about the time you and Sean Payton were playing golf and Cam's ability to call out defenses came up.

@maxhenson

The Ravens' stats on defense are GAUDY

- 1st in scoring D at 14.4 points per game (3.2 better than next team)
- 1st in yards at 280.6 (33.1 better than next team)
- 1st in sacks with 27 (5 better than next team)

Gonna be quite a challenge this week for Carolina's offense.

@maxhenson

The Ravens' stats on defense are GAUDY

- 1st in scoring D at 14.4 points per game (3.2 better than next team)
- 1st in yards at 280.6 (33.1 better than next team)
- 1st in sacks with 27 (5 better than next team)

Gonna be quite a challenge this week for Carolina's offense.

eh, I think the Saints are the first game where they've really shut down an elite offense

they gave up 34 point to the bengals and have lost to the browns this season

Ravens schedule:

W v Bills 47-3 - fine, whatever, the bills suck
L @ Bengals 34-23 - loss much worse than the score indicates
W v Broncos 27-14 - beat a bad team at home, congrats
W v Steelers - 26-14 - good win I guess
L @ Browns 12-9 - LOLOLOLOLOLZZZZ
W @ Titans 21-0 - who cares
L v Saints 24-23 - oooooopppppps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back