• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio isn’t working for me. Cliffs?

Panthers signed a UFA who is doing better. No hurry for Kalil to return from injury. Why pay him $55M when a guy making < $1M is doing better? Make Kalil a salary cap casualty and put his $$ to better use elsewhere.

Even if we cut him next year, it will result in $14.7 million in dead money against the cap. Gettlemagic's worst move, almost without question.

Yeah, huge cap hit for Kalil. There's an opt out after his third season, which is next year. Still a big cap hit though.

I think they'll bring him back healthy for 2019 and if he doesn't look good in training camp they'll go ahead and cut him.

Tough situation with Ryan on the roster this season. They won't cut Matt Kalil as long as Ryan is there this season. They just won't do that with Ryan playing out his final season. They could but they won't. They will wait until after the season, probably before next season - at whatever point makes the most sense from a $ perspective - and move on from Matt K.

The problem is, it never really makes sense from a $ perspective. What would make the most sense, if we could get a desperate team to bite, would be to trade him and one of our 3rds next year. Highly doubt anyone would agree to do that though (obviously deadline is passed this year anyways).

Even if we cut him next year, it will result in $14.7 million in dead money against the cap. Gettlemagic's worst move, almost without question.

And he signed Nate Solder at NY Giants. OL FA's are not his strong suit.

Woof. Didn't know he was still getting guaranteed money. What an awful contract.

Woof. Didn't know he was still getting guaranteed money. What an awful contract.
Yeah, that was a 55 million dollar contract. Dont know if you're a basketball fan, but Matt Kalil and Kemba Walker are basically making the same amount per year.

Damn. And NBA contracts are usually juicer than NFL contracts.

I am pretty sure we could designate him a post June 1st cut and save 1mil in cap space. I think that’s probably what ends up happening.

Prediction: panthers do that thing where we go up by 21 and then the other team comes back and makes it close and then we win.

Matt Kalil is the worst

I don't even know why we paid him so much, it was so absurdly above his market value

Prediction: panthers do that thing where we go up by 21 and then the other team comes back and makes it close and then we win.

Agreed. Fitzmagic will kick in at some point but we will pull it out in the end.

Damn it why does it have to be Ronde Barber calling the game today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back