• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think any team is going to pay Funchess WR1 money, but someone might be willing to gamble on top tier WR2. He's still only 24 years old.

i don't know that funchess is leaps and bounds better than lafell

Greg signed his extension before he broke his foot again, and he is delaying his surgery right now inorder to play.

"Bell isn't expected to report to the Steelers before Thursday's game against the Panthers, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports."

I guess that's good news.

The line on Thursday is down to +4.

Bell wouldn't play on a short week, but if he showed up, he could be a mental distraction that I would welcome.

I was really hoping Bell would report. Maybe take some practice reps, be a huge distraction for the team. No chance he would've played but it would've been a circus.

I disagree. I think the staff is more loyal to this year’s 1st and last year’s 2nd than a veteran they traded for. They’ll want to play Moore and Samuel a lot now that they’ve shown what they can do.

Well, I would expect Smith to be here this year and next year and then depart as a free agent. Like was stated earlier, Funchess may walk after this season so we may need Smith in order to have a full complement of experienced receivers.

Seems to me the Panther could afford either Smith or Funchess. Which do you want?

If those are the options rather than someone outside the organization, I'll go Funchess overall due to age but obviously he'll cost more than Smith.

Funchess because he's younger. Smith isn't particularly expensive though at $5 million per.

If Funchess can command a big time deal, then we should let him walk and either stick with Smith, pick up a FA, or draft a WR.

Seems to me the Panther could afford either Smith or Funchess. Which do you want?

This isn't even a debate unless Funchess is expecting crazy money like other top #1s. Hopefully not the case, but he has double the production both this year and last and as already mentioned a lot younger. Torrey is looking like he is about done and not doing a whole lot averaging just 2 catches a game. Nice play on 4th down vs. Eagles to get some extra yards, but his highlights are minimal this year and hopefully he is adding lots of value in mentoring the other younger WRs.

Going forward, Funchess can be the big guy opposite Moore and Samuel. I'm very high on that trio. But I think we most likely do not sign Funchess because the WR free agent market is so bad this offseason that someone will reach and overpay for him.

I don't think any team is going to pay Funchess WR1 money, but someone might be willing to gamble on top tier WR2. He's still only 24 years old.

Apparently it's a weak free-agent class, I saw an article the other day saying he's almost certainly going to be the top guy on the market. He's gon get paid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back