• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Dez had that many off-the-field probs? Hanging out too much with Deion in college?

No but he will get super fat. I picked him up in fantasy though because he was a FA and it’s probably worth a flyer. Feel like he could hurt Watson more than anyone on that team.

“Beginning with their 21-point, fourth-quarter outburst at Philadelphia, the Panthers have scored on 16 of their past 24 drives — 13 touchdowns, three field goals — a 99-point total that is more than any other team during that span.”

‘Wassup Baby’: The Panthers are piling up yards and points and having fun doing it — that’s wassup https://theathletic.com/640686/2018...-having-fun-norv-turner-cam-newton-big-plays/

An huge part of the reverses is that Cam turns into an extra TE with his size and blocking ability. That’s a huge advantage on plays that put the defense out of position.

And eventually some free safety is going to take Cam on and knock the crap out of him.

It’s possible. However on the flip side the average safety in the NFL is what 6’ or 6-1” and 200-215 lbs? Cam is 6-5” 240.

And eventually some free safety is going to take Cam on and knock the crap out of him.

More likely, Cam is going to do what he did on Sunday, get out and front and act like he is a blocker and then peel off before contact is made. Its currently effective because teams have to account for him as a blocker, even if he isn't a blocker. However, as teams figure out he isn't blocking, they will stop worrying about him on these plays.

More likely, Cam is going to do what he did on Sunday, get out and front and act like he is a blocker and then peel off before contact is made. Its currently effective because teams have to account for him as a blocker, even if he isn't a blocker. However, as teams figure out he isn't blocking, they will stop worrying about him on these plays.

At which point he will light somebody up.

It’s possible. However on the flip side the average safety in the NFL is what 6’ or 6-1” and 200-215 lbs? Cam is 6-5” 240.

And Cam's jogging down the field looking like he's going to block but is really just running interference against a safety running full speed intent on clobbering him. 25 lbs isn't that much.

Yeah, I've seen him do it dozens of times throughout his career. Eventually, a DB is going to say, "Fuck it. Somebody else can tackle the ball carrier. I've got a free shot on Cam and I'm going to take it ! Then I won't have to worry about them running these stupid reverses again "

Looking for some good fake reverses tonight, catch some steelers out of position and send one of our playmakers deep.

And Cam's jogging down the field looking like he's going to block but is really just running interference against a safety running full speed intent on clobbering him. 25 lbs isn't that much.

Yeah, I've seen him do it dozens of times throughout his career. Eventually, a DB is going to say, "Fuck it. Somebody else can tackle the ball carrier. I've got a free shot on Cam and I'm going to take it ! Then I won't have to worry about them running these stupid reverses again "

Or the opposite could happen. Some DB isn't paying attention to Cam because he thinks Cam is going to peel off and gets pancaked.

How often has a DB taken Cam out in his career? Nothing really springs to mind

I can't even think of times a DB has taken a TE out.

Cam has decked a couple guys this season on the edge on misdirection plays. He’s not out there solely as a decoy blocker.

Cam has decked a couple guys this season on the edge on misdirection plays. He’s not out there solely as a decoy blocker.

Yeah really. Cam laid out a 6-6/272 LB here.

Antonio Brown cited for reckless driving this morning for going over 100 mph past an officer.

Probably won't matter for today at all but still interesting.

Antonio Brown cited for reckless driving this morning for going over 100 mph past an officer.

Probably won't matter for today at all but still interesting.

Yeah it wont affect tonight. DJ Moore did the same in preseason with no known punishment from team or NFL

Steeler players with a nice gesture

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back