• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently it's a weak free-agent class, I saw an article the other day saying he's almost certainly going to be the top guy on the market. He's gon get paid

And not by us most likely, although he seems like the kind of guy 2010 Hurney would have spent big bucks on.

What do you guys think we should do with Daryl Williams. If we can sign him to a reasonable contract I would love to see him come back at RT and move Moton to the left. I am not sure we can afford him but his injury might have brought his market value range back down to possible.

I would MUCH rather sign Daryl Williams than Funchess. I actually like Funchess and I hope we can bring him back for a reasonable price but we cannot overpay him. I'd rather invest in the line and sign a WR3 to go with what we already have than keep funchess and let Daryl walk. Have to keep the decently young guys on this line on the roster while we have Cam.

2018 Carolina Panthers 6-2

I think you’ve got to resign a Pro Bowl RT especially if you have an LT, RB, and two WR on rookie deals.

Speaking of, I saw that CMC leads the league in snap percentage. Gotta admit I was wrong that he was only a 3rd down back.

Last edited:
I think you’ve got to resign a Pro Bowl RT especially if you have an LT, RB, and two WR on rookie deals.

Speaking of, I saw that CMC leads the league in snap percentage. Gotta admit I was wrong that he was only a 3rd down back.

And that he’s injury prone :thumbsup:

Tyrell Williams probably hopped over Funchess for top WR FA

We needed Wright and Smith last year. We don't now. If what you guys are saying about the WR market is true, then Funchess will not be worth the money, as much as I like him. Kind of sucks to draft a tweener who left college early just to let him go in his prime though.

Last edited:
Wright is pretty damn valuable and we use him like we should, IMO. I wouldn't lump him in with Smith as far as the "stealing reps from the rookies" convo goes

Wright is pretty damn valuable and we use him like we should, IMO. I wouldn't lump him in with Smith as far as the "stealing reps from the rookies" convo goes

I agree with this. And Wright knows Turner's offense. He may be very valuable teaching it to Moore and Samuel.

Tepper was at the Hornets game Saturday night, his girlfriend is impressive. He seemed pretty cool ... most of the celebs who usually sit where he was sitting (Cam, Olsen, MJ, Nelly, NASCAR drivers, Nature Boy, etc.) keep some distance with the other fans, and the other fans generally leave them alone. Tepper looks like George Costanza, so there were high school kids behind him talking to him the whole game and he had a running conversation with them. I could never imagine Richardson or really any other NFL owner doing that.

Ha, yeah I know a couple of those kids.

A buddy lives at the Vue and rode the elevator up with Tepper the evening after the Ravens game. Guess he has an apt there. He didn't recognize him, and they started talking about the game, with Tepper asking him where his seats were. He told him and asked where his were (Tepper awkwardly responded "Umm, I was in the owner's box, because I... uhhh... own the team!". Facepalm. Apparently was a very nice guy.

A buddy lives at the Vue and rode the elevator up with Tepper the evening after the Ravens game. Guess he has an apt there. He didn't recognize him, and they started talking about the game, with Tepper asking him where his seats were. He told him and asked where his were (Tepper awkwardly responded "Umm, I was in the owner's box, because I... uhhh... own the team!". Facepalm. Apparently was a very nice guy.

like the time my MIL was in an elevator with Jimmy Graham and told him he should play sports. her brother -- a big Saints fan -- restrained himself and didn't say anything but told her after who he was.

Dez to the saints, not sure it scares me much though. Bring crazy into a well oiled machine, take away touches from better players hopefully.

Not sure I understand to the Dez logic by the Saints. That offense is humming, you just had a receiver put up two bills against one of the best defenses on paper, and most people think your the best team in the country. Why bring in a loose cannon into that chemistry, doesn't make sense.

Dez in a city like New Orleans is a ticking time bomb.

Has Dez had that many off-the-field probs? Hanging out too much with Deion in college?

Idk if he's had a bunch of off the field problems, think they've been more on the field related. If anyone watched the Amazon series all in with the Dallas Cowboys, you can see he seems like a nightmare to have on your team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back