• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are a mediocre football team. Our 17th (or thereabouts) ranked offense AND defense shows that to be true.

Only 1:07 left. Why not kick the extra point and hold them.

Gano has been bad but damn.

I don't mind going for two, but this was not one of them, IMHO. Whether game is tied or Detroit down 1, they would have to drive for GW FG. Panther failure at conversion means they don't have to do anything. Just down the ball.

I don't mind going for two, but this was not one of them, IMHO. Whether game is tied or Detroit down 1, they would have to drive for GW FG. Panther failure at conversion means they don't have to do anything. Just down the ball.

That’s a good argument.

Agree. Plus, I think the Panthers are the better team so they have a bit better than 50% chance in overtime.

Also, with the game tied, Detroit has to be a little conservative with their 1:07. If they are down by 1, they will be more aggressive trying to win in regulation.

Bad odds to go for it when you lose if it does not work.

I'm sick of this offense doing nothing for three quarters on the road and then finally when they have to score they're able to but sometimes it's too late

I'm sick of this offense doing nothing for three quarters on the road and then finally when they have to score they're able to but sometimes it's too late

The team plays best when being aggressive on 1st and second down. Too many time on 3rd and short, we go big when that is the time to just move the chains. Frustrating.

Norv Turner sucks and Ron sucks. We are watching a team take the most dynamic running qb the game has ever seen and turn him into a pocket passer who will never have top end accuracy with his technique.

At least I can unburden myself of any expectations this team has a chance to do anything now. Won’t invest so much for the rest of the season and will wait for the inevitable Super Bowl involving the Saints/Rams/Chiefs/Steelers/Pats

The fact that no bootleg was called on the last play should be cause for termination alone.

Poor coaching. Poor special teams. Horrible Funchess.

Wasted a great game by DJ.

I’m shocked anyone could question going for 2. No chance in hell Gano makes it today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back