• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gano choked it and D is meeehhhh, but only Norv can keep this O from scoring regularly as we should. After looking super awesome with lots of motion, option and creativity 4 games or so ago he has now gone into predictable Norv mode the last 2 games. Samuels has to get the ball in his hands 5-7 times before 4th quarter with handoffs, quick screens, or pitches as that cat can make plays.

Instead we seem content on using him as decoy and only as traditional WR. It’s just how the man is wired.

Need a young innovative OC as they would run wild with these weapons.

I was all for going for the 2 pt conversion. But I was furious the second I saw what we were doing. If I was playing against Cam, that's exactly what I would hope the panthers dialed up. I would be terrified of Cam running. So of course, fuck us.

I was all for going for the 2 pt conversion. But I was furious the second I saw what we were doing. If I was playing against Cam, that's exactly what I would hope the panthers dialed up. I would be terrified of Cam running. So of course, fuck us.

Truth

Cam looked like he was done for the year with a lower leg injury like 10 minutes earlier. He was like a statue that entire last drive, he wasn't running in that spot. Norv called a good play and he was wide open, Cam missed the throw. Tough to criticize the coaches for either the decision to go for 2 or the play call itself, they got exactly what they wanted. That one is on Cam for missing him.

ETA: I'm pretty sure the defense would have given up a FG in the last 1:07 anyway, so I'm not sure it really mattered in the end. They needed to worry more about running more time off the clock than avoiding Gano in that situation, I would trust Gano more than the defense.

Last edited:
Yeah sucks he missed that throw cause he was throwing dimes all day. Funch and Gano were HOF bad.

Cam looked like he was done for the year with a lower leg injury like 10 minutes earlier. He was like a statue that entire last drive, he wasn't running in that spot. Norv called a good play and he was wide open, Cam missed the throw. Tough to criticize the coaches for either the decision to go for 2 or the play call itself, they got exactly what they wanted. That one is on Cam for missing him.

ETA: I'm pretty sure the defense would have given up a FG in the last 1:07 anyway, so I'm not sure it really mattered in the end. They needed to worry more about running more time off the clock than avoiding Gano in that situation, I would trust Gano more than the defense.

When we had 1st and goal at the 7, I was hoping for 1 running play to burn 30 seconds off the clock. Then you have 3 shots to get in from about the 5. Hate going for 2 particularly with them having enough time to get the field goal even if we make it.

If Cam was too hurt to run, we are less than 40% on Cam sitting in the pocket and making that throw. Short tight throws light that are not what he does best.

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but on replay, it looked like the pass would have been knocked down if thrown lower. I guess missing low is better than high since there’s a chance of a deflection then catch, but I think the lineman gets a hand on it if thrown lower

That’s what I saw too. Would have been tough to make that catchable without it being batted down. Agree with the earlier post that wondered why the hell we dialed up a pass play for that. Option with CMC would have been such higher percentage.

This one felt like a loss the whole game. So flat as usual. No reason to change that with a successful conversion at the end.

Feel like something like the G-reg TD on the opening drive woulda worked. He was super open and just had to stand there.

How about if you're going for 2 you run the ball with your fucking 6'5" best running qb in the history of the nfl qb

100000000%

I mean, no one was open at all on the actual play call, so I certainly think you can criticize it. The OL did a great job protecting and Wright improvised very well to give is a chance, Cam just missed him.

DLine looked like they specifically were not trying to rush the passer but instead muddle up the middle and bat down passes on crossing routes. I think Cam was probably trying to throw it a little high to avoid Snacks who was probably 6 inches from batting it down. A little tougher throw than it first looked like.

I am thinking that Cam might be injured. He didn’t look like he wanted any part of scrambling yesterday. Thought he had a lane to the end zone on the two point try.

Taking stock today, next week's game is huge if Panthers are going to make the playoffs. The other wild card contenders are Seahawks, Vikings, Packers. I think the Eagles, Falcons, and now Redskins are done. Seahawks have a pretty easy schedule remaining, while we have the Saints twice, so we need to get the win Sunday to get a couple games up on them and hold the tiebreaker.

And yes I realize I've 180ed from my attitude yesterday. I still want to at least have the shot in the playoffs.

I am thinking that Cam might be injured. He didn’t look like he wanted any part of scrambling yesterday. Thought he had a lane to the end zone on the two point try.

And that may have factored into the decision to go for 2 instead of play for OT.

Taking stock today, next week's game is huge if Panthers are going to make the playoffs. The other wild card contenders are Seahawks, Vikings, Packers. I think the Eagles, Falcons, and now Redskins are done. Seahawks have a pretty easy schedule remaining, while we have the Saints twice, so we need to get the win Sunday to get a couple games up on them and hold the tiebreaker.

And yes I realize I've 180ed from my attitude yesterday. I still want to at least have the shot in the playoffs.
Mmy

The 3rd and goal where he took a sack and Gano missed the FG the entire left side of the field was open for him to run. Can’t believe he didn’t take off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back