• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just an excuse certainly, but I do wonder if that had anything to do with the performance Sunday

Who knows? It was definitely the best week of football across the league.

I think it had something to do with it. I remarked to a friend that they looked checked out. Our defense especially looked like they were out of it.

I think it had something to do with it. I remarked to a friend that they looked checked out. Our defense especially looked like they were out of it.

Hard to work at 100% if you feel like your boss doesn't have your back especially when other bosses are showing unity.

Last year, they laid a huge egg Week 3 at home against the Vikings. Led to a 4 game losing streak, effectively ending the season. That was the week after the Keith Scott shooting. They were probably distracted then. Don't think they were distracted Sunday....likely didn't know what other teams and owners were doing until after the game.

They probably saw what happened in London as they got to the stadium.

SD3, I don't think you understand how issues of police brutality affect black men on a personal level.

SD3, I don't think you understand how issues of police brutality affect black men on a personal level.

Athlete privilege.

Didn't seem to bother the Saints as much, or 15 other winning teams on Sunday.

Total B.S. Respect the flag. Respect your country. Stand at attention for the National Anthem. If you want to protest there are other forums with which to do that. But leave athletics alone and play the game.

Didn't seem to bother the Saints as much, or 15 other winning teams on Sunday.

Because they protested, often with the blessing or participation of the owner. Keep up with the discussion.

Total B.S. Respect the flag. Respect your country. Stand at attention for the National Anthem. If you want to protest there are other forums with which to do that. But leave athletics alone and play the game.

Such as?

Posting this just in case there are any people unsure of what side of this issue to support.

A team who didn't protest and lost? I'm not sure what you're asking.

You said it didn't bother the Saints, because they protested. So why did it bother the Steelers, who had 52 men remain in the locker room as a protest?

You said it didn't bother the Saints, because they protested. So why did it bother the Steelers, who had 52 men remain in the locker room as a protest?

51 men. The guy that mattered the most (to the public) didn't listen and went out there anyway.

he's saying it may have bothered the panthers because their collective boss doesn't have their backs

They stayed in the locker room to avoid protest.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/new...er-room-mike-tomlin/3hrz5wcmuui21tg8efyoe4uv4

"These are very divisive times for our country," Tomlin said. "For us, as a football team, it's about us remaining solid. We are not gonna be divided by anything said by anyone. That's the thing that I posted to our guys. I said, 'If you feel the need to do anything, I'm going to be supportive of that. As Americans, you have that right.' But whatever we do, we're gonna do 100 percent, we're gonna do together. We're not gonna let divisive times or divisive individuals affect our agenda. This collection of men, we're chasing something here in 2017, and we're not gonna play politics with football players, with football coaches.
"We're not participating in the anthem today. Not to be disrespectful to the anthem, to remove ourselves from the circumstance. People shouldn't have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn't be forced to choose sides. If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn't be separated from his teammate who chooses not to. So we're not participating today. That's our decision. We're gonna be 100 percent. We came here to play a football game. That's our intentions, and we're gonna play and play to win."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back