• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of student is Ron Rivera? Mike Shula? Dave Gettleman? Marty Hurney?

I love the idea of trading away a franchise QB because the current coaching and FO staff can’t put a system around him that uses him effectively. Cam’s best days are likely behind him, and he hasn’t had a good LT and WR1 since Jordan Gross and Steve Smith. That says a lot more about the leadership off the field than on it.

Without Question. Our defense has aged so much in the past 1.5 years that we need to rebuild it. Cam's been solid but he's not the type of Franchise QB who can carry a team on his shoulders.

Completely agree and just listening to ESPN announcers bash Cam for 2 drill shots on our 3rd and 4th down that he has no touch and showed same vs Lions. He can only fire missiles and u almost never see Cam use touch which is sure sign he doesn’t work on his craft like other QBs. Not saying he doesn’t but he sure can’t do it in clutch.

Biggest reason I take trade is I think Cam is only going to be great if he runs 10-15 per game and I think risk is too great now even his massive frame is starting to wear down with his shoulder and head shots he has taken. And he just isn’t smart when he needs to be to protect himself.

D definitely needs rebuild and now have great O weapons and just need a QB to be smart and throw easy passes as Cam has mainly been doing all year. No deep passes or mid distance as he overthrows waaayyyy too much.

Hate all you want. Cam defenders will defend to the death apparently.

There is nothing to defend to the death. Cam's stats and on field performances over his career have spoken for themselves.

One one side of the argument is being driven by stats, and your side of the argument is based off of feelings and honestly coded racist fucking bullshit your going to lose.

Lots of guys have won the Heisman and a natty but didn't do shite in the NFL. I'll give you the MVP and the trip to the Super Bowl (where they - and I'm a Panther fan - folded up like a cheap tent).

I'm just not sold that Cam is reaching for his full potential. But opinions are like assholes and this is mine - hemorrhoids and all. :tard:

There is nothing to defend to the death. Cam's stats and on field performances over his career have spoken for themselves.

One one side of the argument is being driven by stats, and your side of the argument is based off of feelings and honestly coded racist fucking bullshit your going to lose.

Society needs to move past racist fucks like yourself. Just throwing it out there.

Race has nothing to do with this and don't associate me with that.

He's only had 3 Pro Bowls.

Yeah, but those were the three best consecutive seasons a TE has ever had in the league.

I do agree its's close for both him and Smitty, but Smitty is trying to get the nod against a bunch of guys in his era that were putting up great numbers. Olsen has less competition going in as a TE.

Race has nothing to do with this and don't associate me with that.

Just saying a lot of baseless accusations being thrown around without any proof or in spite of the proof kinda points in that direction. Your posts read like BKF has made another return.

Just saying a lot of baseless accusations being thrown around without any proof or in spite of the proof kinda points in that direction. Your posts read like BKF has made another return.

Well, shit, don't associate me with BKF. Didn't mean to pick a fight. lol Just my opinion based on the eye test. Cam is a good QB and does some things great, and I wish him well. I just don't see him as great as others do.

Well, shit, don't associate me with BKF. Didn't mean to pick a fight. lol Just my opinion based on the eye test. Cam is a good QB and does some things great, and I wish him well. I just don't see him as great as others do.

It’s a dumb take, based off nothing. He’s a league MVP who has carried a flawed roster on his back more than any single player should have to. So you’re getting killed. And if you don’t want to have race dragged into it, don’t use the same exact takes the racists use.

Yeah, but those were the three best consecutive seasons a TE has ever had in the league.

I do agree its's close for both him and Smitty, but Smitty is trying to get the nod against a bunch of guys in his era that were putting up great numbers. Olsen has less competition going in as a TE.

Fewer TEs get in and he has plenty of competition. Gates and Witten will definitely get in. Olsen's main competition is Jimmy Graham. Voters may also be looking over their shoulders to see guys like Gronk and Kelce. This is a golden age of TE, so it will be interesting to see how many they're willing to let in. There are only 8 HOF TEs. The last one was Shannon Sharpe. There's at least 8 guys who have a very strong case who have retired and aren't up yet or will be retiring within the next 10 years.

Poes

Cam can still be very effective, in a run heavy, play action based offense. Yet we haven’t played that way in years.

Another Brasky hot take, folks! Last year we had the 3rd most rushing attempts and 4th most yards in the NFL. Not going to look up previous years, but run heavy, play action has been the Panthers hallmark offense for years.

Oh, and I still love Cam. Hope they shut him down for the rest of the season for health though.

Olsen becoming the first TE with three-straight 1000 yard seasons is impressive -- but don't think that's enough. And it's not even a record he has to himself anymore as Kelce just joined that club

Last edited:
I'll agree they haven't given him much offensive help in several years. And I don't care about being disagreed with but I'll oppose anyone that wants to bring race into it. That has nothing to do with it as far as I'm concerned. I'll stand with you on that front.

Olsen becoming the first TE with three-straight 1000 yard seasons is impressive -- but don't think that's enough. And it's not even a record he has to himself anymore as Kelce just joined that club

Yeah maybe I was wearing Carolina colored shades, looking into more it seems like a long shot.

Since Peppers will be in the HOF, would that be considered a Panther in the HOF. The way he left the first time was distasteful, but the decision to bookend his career in Carolina gives him a case.

Also he is a Tar Heel from the most despicable period in UNC sports (saying a lot) so he can always get fucking fucked bud in my heart.

I don't know what everyone is so worried about. We're going to the ship Eli Manning style this year. We're winning out (clearly), while Vikings lose a couple more. 6 seed. Beat Bears or Cowboys. Beat Saints and Rams. Beat whoever AFC sends. Boom.

#vibes?

OTOH if the Vikings win tonight I think we're officially done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back