• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This doesn't make me feel too great about Little:

And then this for Cody Ford:

CBS

Greg Little, OT, Mississippi
I love this kid. This is an A+ in my book. This kid is a first-round talent. There was talk before the season that he was Top-10. He didn't quite play to that, but you get him under the right coaching and I think he has all the skills to be an All-Pro. Grade: A+

Well shit. We don’t need a QB. If we suck so bad with or without Cam, we can just get Tua next year.

Two 3rd round picks and all we got for them is a position we don’t need.

Upfront pressure is what will help this more than drafting more DBs. We’ve got two decent corners and Reid back at safety.

bradbury is decent...jury still out on the young kid from LSU (yes it says something that hes one of the few players on the squad I cant name)

enough about Reid. just because we have had SHIT safety play for the last 10+ years doesnt make an avg player great. sure if we had a chance at an amazing pass rush in the league of pepp/jj/donald...but we wasted the top pick on dion jordan 2.0

this is one of the worst starts to a draft I can remember as a panthers fan...

I like Burns. His current frame allows him to be super fast and get to the passer and with that frame he can also drop back into coverage - in a passing league. To me that is all more important than if he can add lbs and play the run a touch better. Nobody runs anyway anymore.

Man I was trying to defend this draft, but shit. Seems like we are exceptionally worried about Cam’s long term health, and I wonder if we are thinking of not resigning him in a couple years. A third round pick on a guy that we hope never has to play?

bradbury is decent...jury still out on the young kid from LSU (yes it says something that hes one of the few players on the squad I cant name)

enough about Reid. just because we have had SHIT safety play for the last 10+ years doesnt make an avg player great. sure if we had a chance at an amazing pass rush in the league of pepp/jj/donald...but we wasted the top pick on dion jordan 2.0

this is one of the worst starts to a draft I can remember as a panthers fan...

P bad if you can’t name Donte ACTION Jackson

Were there no good CBs left with pick #100?

Between second round pick 5 and 15 (where I understand Panthers were b4 trade), 4 OLs were drafted. So the move made sense. Whether they took the right OL remains to be seen.

Just don’t care for the inconsistent strategy. We gave up significant draft capital to move up for OL to protect Cam, but then turn around to draft a backup for when he does get hurt again

Little was the bad pick - seems like with him and Ford still on the board, we should have rolled the dice and not given up pick 77.

We had to have a QB this off-season, with Cam coming off shoulder surgery, his history of injuries and the backup QBs we had last year. Not sure drafting it one was the best play, but it isn't absurd.

No we didn’t. We’ve got a team staring at .500 even with good QB play. If Cam doesn’t have it, tank for Tua. If Cam loses it in 2020, tank for Lawrence. No need to draft a QB.

Yes we do. If Cam gets knocked out for the season, the season is over. However, if he misses a couple of quarters or a couple of games, a backup QB can be the difference between making the playoffs and 7-9. A 100th pick seems like a small price to pay for that.

I am not saying this is what you meant PHd, but it would be classic to hear a GM or Owner come out and say, if cam gets hurt, we are just going to tank the season of Tua.

Yes we do. If Cam gets knocked out for the season, the season is over. However, if he misses a couple of quarters or a couple of games, a backup QB can be the difference between making the playoffs and 7-9. A 100th pick seems like a small price to pay for that.

Agree with this. Even if cam’s shoulder is ok he’s liable to be knicked up quite a lot throughout the season with the way he plays. Also pats have shown you can flip a QB pick for something valuable in the future after they give you value through winning a couple games while the main guy is out

I am not saying this is what you meant PHd, but it would be classic to hear a GM or Owner come out and say, if cam gets hurt, we are just going to tank the season of Tua.

No GM or owner will say that. But they should plan for it.

If Cam misses a few quarters or games from a potential playoff team, we will need CMC plus OL and the defense to win for us, not the backup QB. Is Grier really that much of an improvement on Kyle Allen?

A good starting S at 100 would contribute more to playoff chances than a backup QB.

Looks like we drafted a second situational pass rusher to play OLB in a 3-4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back