• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The vets came across really well too. The DB vets and the vets in general. You can tell Cam, Luke, Kalil, Greg, and TD had a ton of respect. Going to be interesting to see if the dynamics change with TD and Kalil gone.

I think part of the frustration with Jackson is they do think he can be really really good. He's got the highest ceiling of any of the young players on D. Also part of the context is Josh Norman probably had a similar arch, so the old guys have been through it before and seen a young guy with a big mouth and lots of talent become one of the best in the league.

Norman: Aye is Greg playing this week?
:silence:
Luke: "...Nope"
Cam: "wtf mannnnnnn"
:laughter:
Cam: "iight you gotta tell us a secret now"
Norman: "go ahead"
:silence:
Cam: "You starting at corner this week?"

My favorite exchange in the whole series

I'm three eps into All or Nothing and am really enjoying it; only criticism is I want more - after having watched so many seasons of Hard Knocks the deeper dives into players lives and roster hopefuls I enjoy more than what feels like only one or two scenes focusing on any single player like AoN does (at least so far). Plus I'm sure the latter part of the series is going to be a tougher watch as the season started coming apart as opposed to the positives of the first three (Tepper and the opening win, Obada vs Cin, Gano and special teams vs NY)

Certainly early to start down with the prognostication, but I do think the schedule is going to be very tough. The AFC South is easily the strongest top to bottom AFC division and none of those games will be easy. NFC West has LA Rams and Seattle at top, but San Fran and even Zona depending on how Murray looks out of the gate won't be easy games either. We never win in GB. Then you get to the division which still I think is strongest top to bottom in NFC (could argue the North is now though). Just doesn't line up for many games where we'll certainly be the favorite and I can see a wide range of outcomes with the record

Of course this only benefits the Saints

It was jarring to look back on how the Panthers season fell apart just as Newman was resurrecting Wake’s season at State. The Steelers game was the one game I hadn’t watched. I don’t think I had seen the TJ Watt hit before.

It was jarring to look back on how the Panthers season fell apart just as Newman was resurrecting Wake’s season at State. The Steelers game was the one game I hadn’t watched. I don’t think I had seen the TJ Watt hit before.

I think the Wake game started earlier than the Panthers game that night, so I watched that but then switched over figuring the Wake game would be a blowout. After the what, first or second quarter? I pretty much then turned over to the Wake game and didn't look back.

Is all or nothing kid appropriate for a 9 year old who digs the panthers or do those motherfuckers cuss like crazy shit house rats? I’m going to watch but thought my son might like it too

Is all or nothing kid appropriate for a 9 year old who digs the panthers or do those motherfuckers cuss like crazy shit house rats? I’m going to watch but thought my son might like it too

The language is very extreme. Ron drops AT LEAST 7 F bombs and 2 GDs in a 30 second span during halftime of the Steelers game. The highlight of episode 1 is Greg screaming "Mother Fucker" after his injury. Other than the language, everything is obviously appropriate for all ages. But the language is very, very heavy.

If there’s anything that can change over time, it’s a player becoming more mature.

While I agree on that...Daunte at this point is completely full of himself and thinks he knows it all. cutting off a vet to tell them you already know what they are trying to tell you is a clear example of that. he will make great plays, but he will make terrible decisions during the play as well. itd be one thing if we had a vet at corner who knew how to get it done...but we dont

They had him on WFNZ today and it was a great interview. You should give it a listen, 10 minute segment available through Apple podcast. I feel a lot better on him after hearing it

They had him on WFNZ today and it was a great interview. You should give it a listen, 10 minute segment available through Apple podcast. I feel a lot better on him after hearing it

Ill let his actions speak louder than his words. anyone can sound like theyve got it figured out for 10 minutes on a podcast. let me see a few weeks of consistent lock down defense without poor decision making and ill feel better about him being a starting corner on our "stellar" defense

Ill let his actions speak louder than his words. anyone can sound like theyve got it figured out for 10 minutes on a podcast. let me see a few weeks of consistent lock down defense without poor decision making and ill feel better about him being a starting corner on our "stellar" defense

I mean I think the kid is cocky too but he’s a pretty damn good corner that was a rookie last year. You make it sound like he shouldn’t see the field

eta: he most certainly should see lots of the field when the next man up has a first name of "corn"

While I agree on that...Daunte at this point is completely full of himself and thinks he knows it all. cutting off a vet to tell them you already know what they are trying to tell you is a clear example of that. he will make great plays, but he will make terrible decisions during the play as well. itd be one thing if we had a vet at corner who knew how to get it done...but we dont

“At this point” was last season.

To be fair, cocky may be better than completely shell-shocked like Ian Thomas after Greg got hurt.

Thanks SD for recommending the WFNZ interview. It was good.
https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/clubho...ses-his-problems-his-portrayal-all-or-nothing

I mean I think the kid is cocky too but he’s a pretty damn good corner that was a rookie last year. You make it sound like he shouldn’t see the field

never said he wasnt good. he can be great...but from what i have seen and heard from him, his head wont let him get here. just a lifelong fan that hasnt seen a good set of starting corners since gamble and ken lucas lined it up for a few seasons. mike minter as safety? lol the shit part is the coaches know they need good secondary players..
but the front office thinks they can do it with diamonds in the rough.

eta: he most certainly should see a lot of the field when the next man up has a first name of "corn"

“At this point” was last season.

To be fair, cocky may be better than completely shell-shocked like Ian Thomas after Greg got hurt.

Thanks SD for recommending the WFNZ interview. It was good.
https://wfnz.radio.com/blogs/clubho...ses-his-problems-his-portrayal-all-or-nothing

dont even need to waste 10 min of my time when the headline is "all or nothing focused on the worst part of me." anyone who watched him play as well as listened to him in all or nothint should feel weary of him starting at corner for the carolina panthers this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back