• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2019 Carolina Panthers Thread

This is a nitpick considering how many things went wrong. The one thing that definitely wasn’t going to happen there was the clock running out to go into OT. That’s one thing that was not going to happen. So why on earth was Ron sitting on timeouts hoping for it? He should have been playing to either get the stop and get the ball back or get the ball back after they score. At the very least, they had 12 seconds left and he didn’t force them to run three plays before kicking the FG. That’s just dumb.

Norv called a great game today for the most part

But how the hell do we keep shitting the bed inside the 3 yard line?

Ron’s clock management is worse than any other coach I’ve ever seen, including Les Miles and Jim Grobe. The end of the first half was incredibly lucky. Thank goodness he’s gone. Hopefully tomorrow. Just let Norv take over for the rest of the year and then send him packing too.

Syle left 5 points on the board----need a new kicker but what do you expect from a Hokie !

By the way, Harrison Butker is 23/24 inside 50, 32/34 on PATs, and leads the league in points. Doesn't have anything to do with the Panthers though.

Slye is easily the goat of the game, but it was lost when they didn't score a TD on that final drive. As Biff said, even if Slye makes that kick, Brees would have come down and scored a touchdown.

They were talking on 610 this morning about Tepper throwing a ton of cash at Lincoln Riley. While that might be fun, how many of the hot college system-based coaches have been anywhere near successful in the NFL? From Saban to Chip Kelly, they all seem to run back to college with their tail between their legs. I guess the jury is still out on Kingsbury, but the Cards aren't exactly lighting up the NFL.

Slye is easily the goat of the game, but it was lost when they didn't score a TD on that final drive. As Biff said, even if Slye makes that kick, Brees would have come down and scored a touchdown.

They were talking on 610 this morning about Tepper throwing a ton of cash at Lincoln Riley. While that might be fun, how many of the hot college system-based coaches have been anywhere near successful in the NFL? From Saban to Chip Kelly, they all seem to run back to college with their tail between their legs. I guess the jury is still out on Kingsbury, but the Cards aren't exactly lighting up the NFL.

This won't be popular but I hope Tepper drives a dump truck full of money down to SC and backs it up in Dabo Swinney's driveway.

Yeah, and who would coach our already trash defense? OU's is pathetically bad year after year.

Romo hit the nail on the head. If we score a TD there, it's a completely different feeling for the Saints, and I think the defense is able to bend but not break and keep them out of the end zone. If we kick a FG (or miss), we lose.

Romo hit the nail on the head. If we score a TD there, it's a completely different feeling for the Saints, and I think the defense is able to bend but not break and keep them out of the end zone. If we kick a FG (or miss), we lose.

They 100% score a TD. Hell, they had the TD anyways except for the route miscommunication. He was wide open in the endzone

It's safe to start looking forward to the draft, what's our top needs in order? Here's how I see it.

DT
OL
S
DE
CB
WR

QB* not considered, tbd

sucks because Wright had the TD if he wasn't interfered with.

also, lol at Dabo. he's a great recruiter/cheerleader/CEO-type, but his assistants are the ones doing the Xs and Os.

They 100% score a TD. Hell, they had the TD anyways except for the route miscommunication. He was wide open in the endzone

Meh, we'd have been playing Cover 3 or 4 instead of 1 or 2 and the Saints would have been pressing more. The defense sucks, don't get me wrong, but I don't think the Saints score a TD to force OT if we don't shit the bed (again) from the 2 yard line. That's a lotta "don'ts".

2019 Carolina Panthers Thread

This won't be popular but I hope Tepper drives a dump truck full of money down to SC and backs it up in Dabo Swinney's driveway.

Won’t be popular? This is a Wake board. Hell yeah. Get him out of Clemson.

Panthers waive Gaulden. I didn’t get to see much of the game but from the writeup, he totally fucked up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back