• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah it better be a cool young offensive minded coach, which I feel like that's something Tepper would want anyway. not Mr. Richardson, though.

So who coaches the rest of the season? Turner (should be on his way out too)? Washington would be in over his head

WTH? Why fire Rivera and keep Hurney on board??? That is like firing the school janitor because the Principal wouldn't give him tools to clean up with

Good interview with Tepper here.

Panthers Mobile: David Tepper explains why he decided to part ways with head coach Ron Rivera https://www.panthers.com/video/davi...cided-to-part-ways-with-head-coach-ron-rivera

Highlights:
Fewell and Scott Turner are getting auditions for future coaching jobs in the franchise.
Wants to keep Norv’s experience around
Looking for a head coach with a modern approach including analytics with old school discipline like the Steelers
He’s adding an assistant GM position. Considers it like a COO because management job is too big for one person. Says that person could be a future GM.
Says Hurney is one of the best evaluators of college talent. The asst GM will be in charge of analytics.

I thought it was a very good interview and I have confidence Tepper will make the right moves. My impression of the “audition” comments is that he’s looking to win games not tank. He wants them to be highly motivated and focused on the Panthers not jobs elsewhere.

I think Hurney is gone and the asst GM is the replacement to be announced sometime in the next 18 months.

One of the beat writers pointed out on Twitter that firing Ron on the day when none of the players are at the facility is shitty. Should have done it yesterday.

WTH? Why fire Rivera and keep Hurney on board??? That is like firing the school janitor because the Principal wouldn't give him tools to clean up with

Totally agree. Should have started with Hurney or done both. Two stints as GM and has failed to produce both times. Why keep him...

One of the beat writers pointed out on Twitter that firing Ron on the day when none of the players are at the facility is shitty. Should have done it yesterday.

I saw that and disagree based on how everything is going down today. He is meeting with the players this morning, addressing the media afterwards. Not always does a fired coach get that.

Fewell was a horrible DC, I can't see him being an effective HC. The timing of the firing makes it seems like he is definitely going after a college coach, right? If it was an NFL retread Tepper would have just waited until the end of the season. Have to imagine his primary target is Lincoln Riley or Jim Harbaugh (cue Kaep as backup QB discussion).

Fewell was a horrible DC, I can't see him being an effective HC. The timing of the firing makes it seems like he is definitely going after a college coach, right? If it was an NFL retread Tepper would have just waited until the end of the season. Have to imagine his primary target is Lincoln Riley or Jim Harbaugh (cue Kaep as backup QB discussion).

Josh Gattis - Carolina Panthers OC.

Good interview with Tepper here.

Panthers Mobile: David Tepper explains why he decided to part ways with head coach Ron Rivera https://www.panthers.com/video/davi...cided-to-part-ways-with-head-coach-ron-rivera

Highlights:
Fewell and Scott Turner are getting auditions for future coaching jobs in the franchise.
Wants to keep Norv’s experience around
Looking for a head coach with a modern approach including analytics with old school discipline like the Steelers
He’s adding an assistant GM position. Considers it like a COO because management job is too big for one person. Says that person could be a future GM.
Says Hurney is one of the best evaluators of college talent. The asst GM will be in charge of analytics.

I thought it was a very good interview and I have confidence Tepper will make the right moves. My impression of the “audition” comments is that he’s looking to win games not tank. He wants them to be highly motivated and focused on the Panthers not jobs elsewhere.

I think Hurney is gone and the asst GM is the replacement to be announced sometime in the next 18 months.

Hurney is good at drafting elite college players that fall in his lap in the 1st round. That's about it. See Gaulden and Grier, among others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back