• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels just like yesterday except who really cared about this game.

The Curse of the Black Pants continues. That was thoroughly enjoyable (from the standpoint of wanting Rivera and Hurney gone as soon as humanly possible).

Time to clean house and rebuilt with different leadership. I think we can call the 3-4 defense experiment a failure. Don't hear Kuechly's name called as much. Bye, Ron.

Time to clean house and rebuilt with different leadership. I think we can call the 3-4 defense experiment a failure. Don't hear Kuechly's name called as much. Bye, Ron.

I sure hope so. Was hoping to hear he was gone tonite. He's stale, he's lost enthusiasm, he's apathetic; he's uninspiring so can't wait until he's gone. Allen is nowhere near the answer. Hope for a year of Cam to see if he's back and then it's into rebuild if not.

Hard to believe Allen didn't make the read on the 4th down pick play. He read the inside route and not the wide open outside route. I think we've all seen 1,000 pick plays at the goal line, and they free up the outside route. It's like he didn't know who was scraping who.

I do think it is time to start playing Greer to see what we have in him. If not, it is time to think of Cam’s succession plan not named Allen or Greer. This draft is loaded with QB talent so this might be the year to nab one and have him sit for a year.

I have no ill-will towards Ron. He has been a fine leader for the panthers and has had some very good teams and lots of mediocre teams. He seems like a great guy, someone everyone likes and respects and I appreciate what he's done. But it is time for a new coach, some new blood in the building and lets see if they can get cam back to the top. Kyle allen is not the guy, he can be a backup and compete for QB2, but that is it. I wish Ron the best, but hope we can get an announcement soon.

I have no ill-will towards Ron. He has been a fine leader for the panthers and has had some very good teams and lots of mediocre teams. He seems like a great guy, someone everyone likes and respects and I appreciate what he's done. But it is time for a new coach, some new blood in the building and lets see if they can get cam back to the top. Kyle allen is not the guy, he can be a backup and compete for QB2, but that is it. I wish Ron the best, but hope we can get an announcement soon.

+1 well said

Ron seems like a good dude, but he's not good enough at this.

Weird franchise stat. We like to talk about how the franchise is mired in mediocrity because of the near .500 record. The mode is 7 wins which we've hit 9 times. But we've only finished .500 or above 10 times. We've hit 8, 11, and 12 wins 3 times each. In 25 years, we've never won 9 or 10 games.

The major issue with the Panthers is the weird love affair they have with Marty hurney

Rivera will have another NFL head coaching job within a week of getting let go by Panthers.

Agreed - he'll get hired by a team with one of these recent clown hires and by comparison he'll be a much better person to lead because of his calm personality - thinking Cleveland or Detroit

I think Ron will get another shot and probably do well, but who knows. All I know is it is time for a change for the panthers.

Of course he'll get another shot. It's the NFL. NFL owners love to pretend the coaching pool is 2 feet deep.

Rivera is a very good head coach. Smart guy, well liked by everyone especially the players. He needs better coordinators. Washington his DC doesn’t even do anything except work with the D line. Rivera just wasn’t comfortable firing him and replacing him. Turner is awful, although he’s the perfect guy to get the most out of a versatile running back like we have. But he’s completely lost it in terms of play calling and play design in 2019.

Agreed - he'll get hired by a team with one of these recent clown hires and by comparison he'll be a much better person to lead because of his calm personality - thinking Cleveland or Detroit

He would be in the Super Bowl next season if he was hired in Dallas and Jerry Jones got out of his way. But agreed the Panthers need to let him go ASAP and get the job out there as the premier coaching destination for this coming offseason.

Rivera is a very good head coach. Smart guy, well liked by everyone especially the players. He needs better coordinators. Washington his DC doesn’t even do anything except work with the D line. Rivera just wasn’t comfortable firing him and replacing him. Turner is awful, although he’s the perfect guy to get the most out of a versatile running back like we have. But he’s completely lost it in terms of play calling and play design in 2019.

yeah Norv has to go. It will be interesting to see if Tepper decides to stick with Riverboat if he agrees to make staff changes. I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back