• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grier expected to start on Sunday.

And Ph poo-poo'd the Grier pick. Now he's starting !

No StARtErS in the DrAfT cLaSS!!!!!!

But going back to that ongoing discussion with SD3.

No StARtErS in the DrAfT cLaSS!!!!!!

But going back to that ongoing discussion with SD3.

It's been a good discussion this season. I had you in the first half, not gonna lie. Those numbers are yikes though.

I'm hoping we revert back to 4-3, and if we have to, trade Burns to a 3-4 defensive team for a piece we need.

Also, it sounds like Tepper’s MLS team will be announced tomorrow.

Seems like the Saints are going to have something to play for

Maybe, though even if they win their next two, if Seattle/SF/GB all win next week then only way they'd get a bye is by beating us and having GB lose the finale to whoever the Lions are rolling out at QB. Under that scenario I wonder how all out they'd go since very unlikely Packers lose that one.

And @ a desperate Titans team next week won't be easy, same predicament if they and GB lose next week

Burns unable to play the edge in a 4-3?

i don't quite understand this

it's not like von miller would get 10 snaps a game if he went to a team that runs a 4-3

Burns looked great early in the season

Tell him to melt down the Richardson statue and turn it into a Cam statue to have the F150 crowd in an uproar.

New stadium in 3-5 years will take care of that. The statue won't be making the trip across the street.

Is there a Sons of Confederate Owners group Tepper can pay to take the statue?

Don't follow this thread that closely, but what is the consensus as to what kind of coach and QB y'all are looking for? And before that, do you even keep Hurney? And do y'all want Cam gone? You have him for a fairly friendly price next year, but I'm more worried about his shoulder than his foot. Cin will take Burrow, and if the docs remotely give him a passing grade, you gotta think Mia takes Tua (who may end up red shirting anyway). Y'all will likely be in the 8-9 range. That's where Herbert is likely to go. I've loved Herbert at times and like the physical tangibles he brings, but he can have off games and be inaccurate at times. Allen appears to be a career back-up type guy, and I wasn't a fan of the Grier pick. (FWIW, the Panthers are 1 of the NFC teams I like to root for, so I'm not trolling.)

I also think the Browns could be a good destination for Rivera.

Don't follow this thread that closely, but what is the consensus as to what kind of coach and QB y'all are looking for? And before that, do you even keep Hurney? And do y'all want Cam gone? You have him for a fairly friendly price next year, but I'm more worried about his shoulder than his foot. Cin will take Burrow, and if the docs remotely give him a passing grade, you gotta think Mia takes Tua (who may end up red shirting anyway). Y'all will likely be in the 8-9 range. That's where Herbert is likely to go. I've loved Herbert at times and like the physical tangibles he brings, but he can have off games and be inaccurate at times. Allen appears to be a career back-up type guy, and I wasn't a fan of the Grier pick. (FWIW, the Panthers are 1 of the NFC teams I like to root for, so I'm not trolling.)

I also think the Browns could be a good destination for Rivera.

Lincoln Riley. Talk that Tepper wants him, and he could do some awesome things with Cam for at least one year. Draft Tua if he falls. If not, draft Justin Fields in 2020. Fields in a Lincoln Riley offense would be silly. I also think Ryan Day would be an awesome NFL head coach (and has NFL experience), but don't think he'll leave tOSU.

Tepper has said he wants a coach who embraces analytics but has an old school mentality. He's hiring an assistant GM, but most people think that person will replace Hurney eventually. Most here want to keep Cam. Everybody was high on Allen as a long-term backup until the last few weeks. Now most want to give Grier a chance even those of us who thought it was a dumb pick. I've been for over a year that we need to get a first round QB in this draft. Not sure if others are on board with that. I'm not particularly picky about what style of QB given that there will be a coaching overhaul anyway.

With CMC, the top priority has to be to lock in an extension and get a coach who can fully utilize his talent.

Not sure if anyone watched the MLS announcement (jk I know none of y'all did) but they had iPhone video shout outs from famous Charlotte/Carolina celebs. CMC, Smitty, Tre, JStew all included from the Panthers family. Cam was noticeably absent.

I have no idea if that means anything or not.

Not sure if anyone watched the MLS announcement (jk I know none of y'all did) but they had iPhone video shout outs from famous Charlotte/Carolina celebs. CMC, Smitty, Tre, JStew all included from the Panthers family. Cam was noticeably absent.

I have no idea if that means anything or not.

partly ties in with my theory that he's the WPMOY nominee as a final goodwill gesture for his good work in the city.

but maybe he was recovering from surgery when they filmed it.

partly ties in with my theory that he's the WPMOY nominee as a final goodwill gesture for his good work in the city.

but maybe he was recovering from surgery when they filmed it.

Maybe, but everyone else recorded it on a iPhone sitting on the couch. So not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back