• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've read the same, but wondering if Josh would leave NE after taking Colts job for a day last year, and then returning to NE. Rumor has it that McDaniels is coach in waiting for when Belichick retires. Is he truly available?

How does Grier look?

I feel like we need to trade CMC is we can get a couple of firsts for it. CMC’s window for high productivity is 3 more seasons. Our rebuild period is that long. Painful truth is he will help is more as draft picks than a great running back on a shitty team.

Can’t watch but Butler must be officially done after getting ejected.

Only thing worth watching for next week is CMC getting the double 1,000

Special teams doing their part to give offense another chance

Panthers can't find a guy who can catch the ball and run it back reliably. Meanwhile they're giving up two touchdowns a game to the other team's punt returner.

Well I didn’t get to watch but it definitely seems the panthers made the right choice for their interim coaching staff, just to make sure there’d be no hesitation to move on after the season to a whole new regime. No risking that end of year dead cat bounce that could fool them into making a bad decision.

Panthers have a ton of problems but Heinicki was a ton better than Grier.

Sucks that they won those 4 games in a row early.

Looks like the Panthers got some tips from Wake about how to prevent long punt returns.

Saw Palardy completed a pass. I assume it was a fake punt. Did it come before our after the PR TDs?

In between the two TD run backs. I think it was late in the first half.

#11. Carolina Panthers: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State

The Panthers are a potential quarterback suitor in 2020 – there’s still too much uncertainty surrounding Cam Newton’s future with the team to unequivocally lean one way or the other, but David Tepper might want to execute a hard reset in conjunction with a coaching change. He was willing to make a tough decision by letting go of beloved head coach Ron Rivera, and in that moment, he revealed that no one – not even Superman – was safe.

Tepper has openly expressed his interest in implementing analytics into Carolina’s operations, and in doing so, he may find that the Panthers quarterback of the future is available in the 2020 NFL Draft. Jordan Love’s raw stats from 2019 aren’t inspiring, but beyond the surface, he’s a very intriguing prospect with a ceiling that rivals the highest in the draft. Love provides utility as a runner, and near limitless potential as a thrower, with the arm talent to make every throw. It’s not so much a slight to Newton, but instead a needed transition in a hard reset. Love can help the Panthers step forward on the right foot.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/week-16-nfl-mock-draft-chargers-panther-patriots-quarterbacks/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back