• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah. Seriously what is with that thing? It looks like the bibs that the nurses in old folks homes have the dementia patients wear when they eat.

WTF are you talking about? Grobe left the cupboard completely bare for Ruhle, who went 1-11 the next year.

Grobe came in to do the dirty work and got rid of the rapists. Rhule came in with a bare cupboard but a better constructed cupboard. Baylor pays it players more than anyone west of the Mississippi, so it isn't surprising that he was able to load up pretty fast.

He reminds me too much of Coughlin and Chip Kelly with their "my way or the highway" routine, which doesn't mesh well with the current CBA. So he has won in college by doing a bunch of shit that has been banned by the CBA, I'm not sure how that translates to the NFL.

It should be pretty entertaining either way though. I had to go to BoA stadium at lunchtime today to pick up some leftover shit from last season, and everyone in that place was basically whacking off to the news.

This is a Steelers type of hire regarding age, prior experience. Didn't think Tepper would hire a re-tread. In the Steelers way, Rhule will be given autonomy and a long leash. We'll see how his college success translates to the pros. I don't look forward to the endless Rhule puns though: "Panthers Rhule the NFC South."

Looking at is resume, I don't see where he's an "offense" guy. Looks like he's sort of done it all equally. Maybe I am just missing that part.

Rhule has been coaching on both sides of the ball since he finished undergrad at Penn State. He coached college, but still he has plenty of experience.

This is a Steelers type of hire regarding age, prior experience. Didn't think Tepper would hire a re-tread. In the Steelers way, Rhule will be given autonomy and a long leash. We'll see how his college success translates to the pros. I don't look forward to the endless Rhule puns though: "Panthers Rhule the NFC South."

Hey, we Rhuled the Giants in this transaction. And they got Judged.
Sorry.

Grobe came in to do the dirty work and got rid of the rapists. Rhule came in with a bare cupboard but a better constructed cupboard. Baylor pays it players more than anyone west of the Mississippi, so it isn't surprising that he was able to load up pretty fast.

He reminds me too much of Coughlin and Chip Kelly with their "my way or the highway" routine, which doesn't mesh well with the current CBA. So he has won in college by doing a bunch of shit that has been banned by the CBA, I'm not sure how that translates to the NFL.

It should be pretty entertaining either way though. I had to go to BoA stadium at lunchtime today to pick up some leftover shit from last season, and everyone in that place was basically whacking off to the news.

what did he do that's banned by the CBA? not sure that i'm following

Baylor's offense kinda sucked this year TBH.

Anytime they played a better than mediocre defense they weren't scoring.

what did he do that's banned by the CBA? not sure that i'm following

He has prided himself on requiring/re-instituting Oklahoma Drills, which the NFL specifically banned, as well as other types of full-contact practices that have been watered down or eliminated completely by the CBA. He and Tepper may not care and just pay whatever fines come down, but it risks getting a Jaguar-like reputation among free agents and the players union unless he completely changes his ways. Maybe he will change and doesn't need that style to win, who knows.

The weird thing to me when objectively looking at this hire is that is similar to an NFL team swooping in and hiring Clawson to be their HC - a college "program-builder" who has won at some small irrelevant football schools and then starts winning a little bit at a traditional P-5 dormat with maybe some smoke and mirrors tactics. If Surratt doesn't get hurt and we make the Orange Bowl to get trounced by whoever, are the Panthers hiring Clawson? I'm not saying it is a bad hire, it just seems like a giant leap and really strange.

It would be strange if Rhule hadn't been rumored to be going to the NFL for the last year.

Probably because Rhule spent a year as an NFL assistant.

He was an assistant to the offensive line coach for one year. Not exactly running the show. Maybe a slight step up from the Assistant to the Traveling Secretary, but that is like saying the summer intern law clerk has relevant experience for that Supreme Court Justice gig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back