• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa, Rhule only has 3 top 25 wins in his career. Navy, ECU, and Okie St. Navy at #20 was the highest while at Temple.

I’ve been cautiously optimistic, acknowledging that this is a risk given the lack of experience but he’s also said the right things and immediately won over management.

I realized this is the same way I felt when we hired Danny Manning. So yeah, I really hope this works out differently.

I’ve been cautiously optimistic, acknowledging that this is a risk given the lack of experience but he’s also said the right things and immediately won over management.

I realized this is the same way I felt when we hired Danny Manning. So yeah, I really hope this works out differently.

Let's hope Tepper is a better judge of competence than Wellman was. My guess is, he is.

Let's hope Tepper is a better judge of competence than Wellman was. My guess is, he is.

Not sure how you came away feeling the same after hearing Rhule as you did Manning???? I'm not sure there is a more night and day example of public speaking. I remember hearing Danny in Charlotte thinking he isn't going to inspire, but surely he is a great recruiter given his pedigree and coach having been under Self. There was nothing remotely inspiring hearing him other than a new hope because it wasn't [ ] anymore which obviously was a fool's hope.

If you go back and hear some of Ruhle's talks you can see why his players love him and would run through a fence for him. Very well spoken and passionate.

Not sure how you came away feeling the same after hearing Rhule as you did Manning???? I'm not sure there is a more night and day example of public speaking. I remember hearing Danny in Charlotte thinking he isn't going to inspire, but surely he is a great recruiter given his pedigree and coach having been under Self. There was nothing remotely inspiring hearing him other than a new hope because it wasn't [ ] anymore which obviously was a fool's hope.

If you go back and hear some of Ruhle's talks you can see why his players love him and would run through a fence for him. Very well spoken and passionate.

I heard his press conference referred to as a sermon before I watched it. I can see what they were talking about. Rhule certainly seems to have the raw skills to be successful at this level. Raw skills plus Tepper $$$ is a good combination. I can't think of any other young college coaches without significant pro experience who got as much NFL hype as Rhule did.

Danny was not a public speaker but at the time we thought he was a raw coach with big man development skills, top notch recruiting ability and “hang your hat on defense” mentality so there was optimism. Obviously 0-3 as it turned out.

I think Rhule will be more successful, it’s an apples to oranges comparison in terms of situations they’re entering, I’m just recalling that I had similar hopes for Danny when he was hired.

We haven't had a coach who was a good public speaker since Prosser. Odom was a better public speaker than any of the past three coaches.

In Noll, Cowher, and Tomlin, Pittsburgh hired young, thirty-something DC's as HC's. Hiring a hot college coach diverges from the "Steeler Way." I think Tepper knows leadership when he sees it, and I look forward to seeing how Rhule works out in Carolina.

Just saw the Eagles denied our request. They cannot dent the Browns bc it’s for an actual GM job.

Yep. Makes sense. Hopefully Tepper will man up and just fire or demote Hurney.

So I think I'm cool with Rhule bringing in Joe Brady as the OC.

How to pass to them? Seems relevant for the Panthers.

Sure, but our top RB was also a 1000 yard rusher and we will possibly still have the best rushing QB of all time on our roster next season.

Yeah but before he got there LSU's offense was its traditional horrendous self. He turned it into a machine and turned Burrow from a middling QB to a QB with the best season in college football history. From a playcalling standpoint, which Rhule clearly lacks, it is tough to find a better OC prospect than this guy. I would feel more confident in hiring him as OC than Rhule as HC. You don't think he could come up with some fun shit to do with CMC and Cam?

LSU has an actual OC...do we know what the breakdown is in the roles of the 2 guys?

Edited to say I would be excited about him as this year's results speak for themselves, but I just don't know what he knows about a running game.

I’m sure Tepper can afford a running game coordinator if that’s what Rhule wants.

LSU has an actual OC...do we know what the breakdown is in the roles of the 2 guys?

Edited to say I would be excited about him as this year's results speak for themselves, but I just don't know what he knows about a running game.

The LSU OC was the one whose daughter in law tragically passed away in the plane crash before the semifinals. Brady definitely called the plays that game (they said it on the broadcast). I assume he did last night as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back