• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ph defending Winston like he’s the new Star Wars movie

Same defense I give all promising or decent enough QBs. You could do much worse.

Hell I gave that defense for Romo and he sucked.

Big money is 4th best DE on the team and it's a real dropoff from Horton to CJ (!!!!!!). But fresh legs are fresh legs.

Same defense I give all promising or decent enough QBs. You could do much worse.

Hell I gave that defense for Romo and he sucked.

I agree there are much worse qbs and he's still young. But he's about to finish year 3 of his 4 year rookie deal, and after that TB will be paying big money on a big contract. I don't really think they have much of a choice, but I'd still be really pissed if I was a Bucs fan.

I agree there are much worse qbs and he's still young. But he's about to finish year 3 of his 4 year rookie deal, and after that TB will be paying big money on a big contract. I don't really think they have much of a choice, but I'd still be really pissed if I was a Bucs fan.

I get it. I watched him live twice this year and he needs a lot of work.

But he's real young. By comparison, he's only 9 months older than Goff and a little over a year younger than Wentz. I think Jameis was the 4th youngest Week 1 (Week 2 for him) starter this year.

I think it makes much more sense long term to commit to a franchise QB than do like the Browns and draft what seems like a QB every year. Drafting QBs so often just zaps the potential to get better and build depth at other positions. The Bucs could use a "QB whisperer" type coach. Maybe the Bucs would want Gruden back if the rumors are true that he's looking to get back on the sideline.

Last edited:
Per 538 we play 7 games against the top 6 teams in the league

Looks like the only way we avoid playing the Saints in the Wild Card is if the Saints win and the Rams lose next week. The Saints would get the #3 seed and we would play at the Rams. Every other scenario is Panthers vs. Saints in a 4/5 matchup.

Jimmy G is never gonna lose.

Rams might be better than the Saints, but Superdome a little more intimidating of an atmosphere than the LA Coliseum. Plus Payton and Brees have had success against Rivera and Cam -- 7-4 when both Payton and Brees are present, and three of those Panthers wins were by 4 points or less

If we beat the Bears, we'd be looking at the #2 seed. Beat the Eagles, and we'd have the #1 seed. Both depending on beating the Falcons. Unreal.

Since we're 8-1 in 1-possession games I'm not gonna lament that too much. 11-4 is better than our level of play this year

I’d rather play the Rams in LA than the Saints in either NOLA or CLT. We just don’t match up well with them at all. I would actually like our chances against LA.

LA is pretty damn good too. Gurley is just smokin' fools.

I've come around on the 3 road games part, probably partly out of necessity. But if we can beat a very good squad like NO or LA right out the gate maybe we can just get on a roll.

Would rather have Seattle make it than ATL, could see them wrecking havoc if they can pull it together. Maybe they take out some vengeance on the Rams. A #5 vs. #6 conference championship game is gon happen eventually, why not this year.

Falcons played such a dumb game today, they kinda seem ready to be put out of their misery

Last edited:
Oh yeah, LA is definitely good. I’d just rather play Goff in his first playoff game than Brees on his “maybe my last great chance to win it” playoff push. I agree it’s hard to beat the same team 3 times, but even though we played them better the second time they still put up 400 yards and 31 points. Fucking Kamara is a nightmare.

McVay, Goff, and Gurley in their first playoff game in the first LA playoff game in many years is far more preferable to playing Payton, Bress, Ingram, Kamara, and Thomas for the 3rd time.

So I guess the deal on the non-safety is they didn’t call it a dead ball foul? Seems like a blown call.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back