• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Carolina Panthers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Shula has to go. G'Bye. His play calling in the red zone was abysmal. Why are we counting on Clay to make that catch in the end zone? It was a perfectly thrown pass, and would have been a great catch if it were made. But WHY are we asking Cam to throw a perfect pass to a replacement receiver in tight coverage? THAT was the route that was most open?! Why doesn't CMC get a route out of the backfield? Why are we not finding ways to get the ball into our best players' hands on the red zone? They can't be decoys on the biggest plays of the game. Goddammit.

2. Cam was transcendent in the 4th quarter. As good as i've ever seen him.

3. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck Joe Buck and Troy Aikman. They are so fucking lazy with their commentary. I'm not one to complain about announcing - I think it's harder than it seems to do it well - but they are truly awful. Makes you really appreciate what Romo does. He needs some more reps, but the marquee CBS crew is doing laps around the FOX crew.

I don't feel too badly about this game, because the Saints are absolutely the better team. I'm excited to see what gets done this offseason. We have some incredible talent that needs to be supported ASAP- Luke and Cam especially. On offense, Byrd and Samuel will add a lot of speed next season, and there won't be a need for Bersin and Clay to get minutes. As for defense, Worley is a liability, and needs to be reduced to nickle packages at most. I'm ok with the guys at safety, and the front 7 will still be one of the best.

I'm convinced after last night this is a Super Bowl caliber team next season with two additions: a legit WR1, and a big upgrade at the corner opposite Bradberry. For once, it would be awesome to see us sign a big-time offensive player in FA or trade. Martavis Bryant isn't happy with his role in Pitt? Come on down to the warmer weather and be our star wide receiver! Then, take a corner with the first round pick and have two very good players on the outside.

There are other needs. LT and RB are the next two in my opinion. As others have said, the RB class is so deep it's probably worth taking someone in the 4th or 5th round. That leaves the 2nd and 3rd open for taking a couple of tackles and hoping someone can replace Khalil (greater minds figure out how we get rid of him- I suggest calling the Browns). Then we win the super bowl.

Meh. I didn't enjoy watching this team at all this season. Most important off season in franchise history coming up, I have no faith we get it right. I think we're currently 3rd in the NFC heading into 2018. Something big has to happen for that to change

You realize holding happens all the time on running plays too, right?

Yes, but that wasn't the main point of my argument. Why is the offense penalized less for holding but more for grounding? Shouldn't they both warrant a loss of down?

Meh. I didn't enjoy watching this team at all this season. Most important off season in franchise history coming up, I have no faith we get it right. I think we're currently 3rd in the NFC heading into 2018. Something big has to happen for that to change

Man I loved watching the boys this year. I think we overachieved to get to 11-5, but regardless I'm looking forward to next season.

John Brown, Martavius Bryant, Sammy Watkins, and Allen Robinson all are free agents. Panthers need to go get Cam a dude or two. Preferably Bryant or Watkins IMO.

The review in the Titans game on the fumble return should never have been reviewable. They blew the play dead. There is a very obvious whistle before the fumble. The ref who blew that whistle should have sacked up and said something, but of course, he didn't. Fortunately, he got bailed out.

As for the Panthers, I didn't expect to win this game until we actually had a chance. That's what makes it so frustrating. That and the fact that the Saints had the exact draft the Panthers needed.

Last edited:
Yes, but that wasn't the main point of my argument. Why is the offense penalized less for holding but more for grounding? Shouldn't they both warrant a loss of down?

Grounding is simply giving the defense credit for a sack. That’s it.

John Brown, Martavius Bryant, Sammy Watkins, and Allen Robinson all are free agents. Panthers need to go get Cam a dude or two. Preferably Bryant or Watkins IMO.

After I posted about Bryant I realized he's an UFA after the 2018 season. Still, might be a Benjamin situation where we could get a good deal in a trade because they aren't planning on signing him to a second contract.

Pretty sure that's what he meant. It's hard to argue otherwise with all the young talent the Saints and Falcons have. It's a bit scary comparing rosters to think where we could be in a few years, unless we improve our FA/draft talent quickly.

DC Steve Wilks rumored to have interviews lined up with the Giants, Lions, Colts, and Cardinals.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/nfl-blog/article193481504.html
“I know that Steve is a hot commodity, deservedly-so,” coach Ron Rivera said after the game. “He has done a tremendous job wherever he’s been, starting in Chicago and San Diego and down here with us. It’s going to be a tough one. Him and Sean (McDermott) are two very good people who are very special to this organization. We helped build this team.
“I don’t want to talk as if Steve is gone, but I have a hunch. It might be his time.”

Soooooo weird that Shula never gets these calls. It’s almost like he’s terrible at his job and everyone knows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back