• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

Lotta certainty of interpretation going around here parsing an old 24 word tweet. I know we are all used to a president who can barely string together a coherent thought, so tweets are basically it the most you can hope for, but I get the impression Pete Butt would be happy to talk at length about gun control laws and foreign policy. Seems like that'd be the better way to get a sense of where he stands.

I wish all of these candidates who just delete their Twitter accounts. Such a stupid platform and offers nothing good, but a lot of controversy.

Did you even know who Mayor Pete was two months ago?

Why does that matter? The whole point is for candidates to let us know who they are. Do you want to answer my question?

But the answer is yes. He ran for DNC Chair and was impressive. He also came to the Tampa area during the 2018 cycle and gave a speech. Not hard to remember a gay politician.

Can someone explain to me like I'm five what's wrong with the Pete tweet? I feel like I'm missing something.

Dude doesn't want Americans to have assault rifles. I don't think it has anything to do with foreign policy, he's just saying he was in the military and doesn't think the guns he used there are needed by Americans.

Can someone explain to me like I'm five what's wrong with the Pete tweet? I feel like I'm missing something.

Dude doesn't want Americans to have assault rifles. I don't think it has anything to do with foreign policy, he's just saying he was in the military and doesn't think the guns he used there are needed by Americans.

Did you read my post?

Did you read my post?

Yeah I don't understand that point either. If he's just another cog in the machine fighting overseas to share our values, isn't he indicating that he doesn't agree with that position and wants to change our laws? Which is why he's mayor and is running for president.

Yeah I don't understand that point either. If he's just another cog in the machine fighting overseas to share our values, isn't he indicating that he doesn't agree with that position and wants to change our laws? Which is why he's mayor and is running for president.

Sure, but that’s why I think the tweet is dumb. You’re just providing a flexible interpretation because you like him.

I don’t think it’s controversial. It’s just a stupid (and old) tweet from an otherwise interesting candidate.

For instance: “I don’t educate young people and dedicate my life to bolstering the legitimacy of educational institutions only for young people to be murdered in educational institutions.” That would be a dumb tweet if I tweeted it.

The point is that it sucks that Americans are massacred by assault weapons. There are smart and stupid ways to say it. That’s all I’m saying.

It's possible that I'm giving him leeway because I like him but I just don't think the tweet is dumb at all. I wouldn't think it was dumb if anyone tweeted it.

The person who invented the AR-15 didn't think it should be available to civilians.

How about armed drones for your neighbor?

How about surface to air missiles for the guy down the street?

Not sure what your asking me here but.... Yeah I am all for banning assault weapon sales, and also would support keeping surface to air and hellfire missiles out of hands of civilians.

Did you even know who Mayor Pete was two months ago?

Isn’t that kind of the whole point of him doing a town hall and a bunch of media appearances?

I bet you were the kid in school who told other kids they couldn’t like a song or a band because they hadn’t listened to their entire discography and weren’t real fans.

Young Pete is definitely my number 2 favorite progressive after my girl Tulsi's candidacy got crushed by the deep state.

Back