• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

dick-pics-dick-b10c9o.jpg

Darkest? His poll numbers didn't go down after Cville. They actually went up about a point over the next month after Cville. So apparently 40% of the country has zero problem with his comments.

Are people really surprised by this?

I wouldn't be shocked if Biden drops out by late summer or early fall.

Tillis isn't going to cruise regardless of who runs against him. NC is becoming more like VA every year. People moving into high dem areas and moving from high Pub areas. Last poll I saw had him trailing the generic dem candidate by 4 points.

Agreed. Kay Hagan was a weak and very vulnerable incumbent, and 2014 was a strong GOP year in Senate races, yet Tillis barely beat her by only 1.5%. I don't think he's all that popular, and a young and dynamic Democrat, like Jeff Jackson, might well beat him. At any rate, he's certainly vulnerable, even against a weaker Dem opponent, imo.

Last edited:

There’s definitely room to run on an affordable housing platform. Not sure if he did anything at HUD to help it but it’s a good topic to highlight.

Thread from an event where multiple candidates spoke:

I think half the questions during the recent NH townhalls came from Harvard students. Not a great look from CNN.

Yeah. That was pretty poor. I would assume few are even NH voters.

The making of 'Mayor Pete': How a data geek learned to govern with heart

NBC News interviewed Buttigieg and dozens of people who have worked with him to better understand the candidate who has shaken up the 2020 race.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/20...te-how-data-geek-learned-govern-heart-n998696

Lots of good information here.

This is the woman who is always cited in the 1000 homes stories.

"You have to give credit to an administration that is now becoming responsive," said Regina Williams-Preston, a Common Council member who has been critical of Buttigieg. "There's something to be celebrated about how we've moved through this process and deepened our relationships with one another by kind of allowing ourselves to wrestle with those issues because a lot of times, we don't want to talk about it."

Until it gets a little nasty. If he gets a pass, he might stay on, but I'm not sure he'll want to get down and dirty with fellow Dems.

Nobody, even Biden gets passes this time. HRC got a pass from all competition last time and look what happened. You gotta earn it no matter who survives the primary.

Just have to wait for the establishment money to run its course and realize Biden isn’t a good candidate.

Back