• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

2020 Democratic Presidential Nominees

The ghost of Hubert Humphrey has just announced he is running for POTUS.

That must be the mythical center that Blue Dogs like Beto think they can convert before 2020.

I think some can be brought over but it would be like holding their hands and stroking their head and telling them we don’t think they’re stupid.

He was also VP and Mayor...and a consultant on Beetlegeuse.

Interesting that not one 2020 Democratic presidential candidate has publicly condemned the Hamas terrorists for firing hundreds of rockets at civilian Israeli targets.

Guess the party of acceptance and tolerance extends to anti-semitic terrorist organizations as well.

Kamala Harris Says The "Electability" Conversation Is Getting The Midwest Wrong

On her first visit to Michigan as a presidential candidate, Sen. Kamala Harris suggested that the wider obsession with “electability” is leaving out black voters in the Midwest — and putting artificial restrictions on the kinds of voters a candidate can win over.

“There has been a conversation by pundits about ‘electability’ and ‘who can speak to the Midwest?’’” Harris told a vast crowd of some 10,000 people at an NAACP dinner in Detroit on Sunday. “But when they say that, they usually put the Midwest in a simplistic box and a narrow narrative. And too often their definition of the Midwest leaves people out.”

“It leaves out people in this room, who helped build cities like Detroit,” Harris said.

The question of electability — namely, which candidate can beat President Donald Trump — has so far dominated the Democratic primary, especially in recent weeks. It has centered, especially, around which Democrats can win back places like Michigan, which Trump won by fewer than 11,000 votes, as well as Wisconsin and Pennsylvania.

“It leaves out people in this room, who helped build cities like Detroit,” Harris said.

"YOU DIDN'T BUILD THAT" - Greatest President of Modern History, 2012

Typical BS. But why not take a statement out of context and be totally dishonest about it. Rwers have damn near perfected their dishonesty , weaponized it for the gullible and repeated it to reinforce their hate.

Here's the entire speech:

"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That’s how we funded the GI Bill. That’s how we created the middle class. That’s how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That’s how we invented the Internet. That’s how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that’s the reason I’m running for President — because I still believe in that idea. You’re not on your own, we’re in this together."

Will Angus or other RWers ever be truthful about this? Nah.

It's amazing that hacks like you are still pulling this quote out of context, while Trump says something far worse more than once delay. How, exactly, do you live with yourself?

Good tweet thread from an actual black South Bend resident.

I really wish we had ranked choice voting. I feel like Warren, Kamala, and Pete would rise to the top. Bernie and Biden may be #1 for a lot of people but I doubt they’re 2-5 for many people at all.

I really wish we had ranked choice voting. I feel like Warren, Kamala, and Pete would rise to the top. Bernie and Biden may be #1 for a lot of people but I doubt they’re 2-5 for many people at all.

Very true. Very true.

Back